jasonND
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I want to go to Imperial, but got a 5 in English Language. If I pass the Duolingo English Test requirements, can I get into Imperial? Given my predicted match the typical offer.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by jasonND)
I want to go to Imperial, but got a 5 in English Language. If I pass the Duolingo English Test requirements, can I get into Imperial? Given my predicted match the typical offer.
Take a look here ....

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...ments/english/

It says

Duolingo English Test 115 Overall with no less than 105 in any band score.
Test scores are only considered valid if taken within 2 years of the intended course start date.

Imperial will not waive this requirement as its essential you can communicate effectively in both spoken and written senarios. If you are a UK student however and that 5 is in GCSE I would advise you to retake, contact the admissions team for the course you are interested in if you want a definitive answer as to whether they would accept Duolingo rather than GCSE in this case.
Last edited by Mr Wednesday; 11 months ago
Maximus 190
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Bit late but I'm applying with a 5 in english, planning to take the duolingo test or something like that if I get an offer.
ethereala
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Maximus 190)
Bit late but I'm applying with a 5 in english, planning to take the duolingo test or something like that if I get an offer.
Hey!
Sorry for the random message, I also have a 5 in English- have you received an offer from Imperial?
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ethereala)
Hey!
Sorry for the random message, I also have a 5 in English- have you received an offer from Imperial?
Still waiting! I guess you’re in the same boat (waiting for a response too)?
Last edited by Maximus 190; 7 months ago
jasonND
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Done an interview still waiting for the response
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jasonND)
Done an interview still waiting for the response
Oh wow nice. I haven’t had an interview yet
ethereala
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Good luck guys! I haven’t heard from them yet either, though the course I’ve applied for doesn’t hold interviews.
I meet all other requirements, it’s just the English grade that’s letting me down- hopefully we’ll receive good news soon
Mastermind_3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I know it’s been a while but did you receive any offers. I am also want to go to imperial but I have a five in English language.
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mastermind_3)
Hi everyone, I know it’s been a while but did you receive any offers. I am also want to go to imperial but I have a five in English language.
Yh I got an offer for maths and CS with a 5 in both lit and Lang GCSE English. Just had to take the duolingo test which was very easy for me.
Mastermind_3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Maximus 190)
Yh I got an offer for maths and CS with a 5 in both lit and Lang GCSE English. Just had to take the duolingo test which was very easy for me.
Oh that’s amazing. Congratulations
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
4.17%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (5)
10.42%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (5)
10.42%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (20)
41.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
18.75%

Watched Threads