The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi everyone
i m from hong kong
how can i get to liberty living from heathrow? also, do i have to go to college pick up the key or something else like bus pass first?
i have printed out the accommodation application form. should i scan it and send to them? thx
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
willwill
hi everyone
i m from hong kong
how can i get to liberty living from heathrow? also, do i have to go to college pick up the key or something else like bus pass first?
i have printed out the accommodation application form. should i scan it and send to them? thx

you can fax the application form and then send the original through the post when you arrive.

check this link on how to get the warwick from heathrow. Liberty park is a bus ride away from warwick.
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/visiting/directions/international/
Reply 22
spook2575
you can fax the application form and then send the original through the post when you arrive.

check this link on how to get the warwick from heathrow. Liberty park is a bus ride away from warwick.
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/visiting/directions/international/

thx!
and i want to know where to collect the key
Reply 23
I think there is a reception at the place...
Reply 24
Guys,

What's the difference between the studio and single deluxe room? Is it worth paying more and have the single one? I'm coming on 24th and have to make up my mind...
Reply 25
Vafa
Guys,

What's the difference between the studio and single deluxe room? Is it worth paying more and have the single one? I'm coming on 24th and have to make up my mind...

In a studio you have a bigger room, en suite and your own kitchen. In a single deluxe room you have a smaller room with en suite, but the kitchen is shared with 2-5 other people.
Reply 26
spook2575
In a studio you have a bigger room, en suite and your own kitchen. In a single deluxe room you have a smaller room with en suite, but the kitchen is shared with 2-5 other people.

en-suite for a single deluxe room includes own toilet bathroom?
Sparkling_Jules
My second year house was right by Liberty Park and I would say it takes about 10-15 minutes depending which bus stop you aim for.
I would suggest heading for the City Arms bus stop by Earlsdon High Street, not the Hearsall Common one because, especially for 9am lectures, the bus can be full by the time it gets there.

I might be saying something stupid bt surely from Liberty Park they would be better off going for the bus at the the station or Spencer Rd. Takes no time at all to those stops and would mean a seat on the bus and a shorter walk on a freezing cold wet November morning.
Reply 28
willwill
en-suite for a single deluxe room includes own toilet bathroom?

yeah, it includes own toliet, shower and sink
Reply 29
i m coming on this sunday 28th. i want to know which block is for warwick student and thus i can tell the driver.
Reply 30
willwill
i m coming on this sunday 28th. i want to know which block is for warwick student and thus i can tell the driver.

Think you would be best off going to reception and going from there?
Reply 31
If I want to get off somewhere near the language (humanties building) at Warwick campus which bus do I need to get and where is the bus stop in Earlsdon. If anyone could direct me that would be great!
diamondgeezer
If I want to get off somewhere near the language (humanties building) at Warwick campus which bus do I need to get and where is the bus stop in Earlsdon. If anyone could direct me that would be great!

There is a bus stop on the railway bridge by the train station, about 5 minutes walk from Liberty Park. Probably the easiest to find if you don't know the area. Google map Warwick Road/Cov Station and you will see how easy it is to get to a bus stop or look at my rubbish map.
Reply 33
Should add that all buses to the campus, be they the TravelCoventry buses from Coventry / Leamington or the Stagecoach ones from Leamington, pass through a set route once actually on campus, ie there are 3 stops within the campus which will be used no matter which bus to the university you take. The stop closest to the humanities building, as well as the library, is the second of the three (the building is directly opposite the stop).
Reply 34
Is it true that in the afternoon/evenings there is soo much traffic, that the usual 15 min bus ride becomes more like 30 min?
Poltry
Is it true that in the afternoon/evenings there is soo much traffic, that the usual 15 min bus ride becomes more like 30 min?

Yes. It is quite often the case that increased traffic at peak time makes a journey longer. You can't moan though, by being on a bus at peak time you are part of the traffic!
Reply 36
anyone found out what room their in??? im in 813 :s-smilie:...just called em now and the receptionist told me over the phone...but i dont think the other people in my flat have moved in yet. in off this saturday. anyone else know were theyre at yet?
Reply 37
I'm in 821 and I've moved all my stuff in but I came back because I only went down for a job interview plus there is no-one there...
I would never have thought of going that way and to be honest I thought it took a lot longer to walk to the station than that.

Edit: Forgot to quote that I was replying about walking to the station bus stop.
Reply 39
yeh i reckons everyones moving in on the saturday :biggrin: im probably gona come early saturday morning hopefully!! cant wait now...i wonderwho my roomies are..hmmmmm