SOAS University of London Applicants 2021

Watch
username5433932
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
hey there
is anyone applying to soas for 2021 entry?
if so what are your grades and which course
im applying to IR and my grades are A*BB
bhargavaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Planning to apply to Development Studies. I'm planning to come back to studies after about 10 years working!
username5433932
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by bhargavaa)
Planning to apply to Development Studies. I'm planning to come back to studies after about 10 years working!
oh wow that's great! i'm applying to international relations, good luck
Viraj Samat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi I’m really interested about going to soas but I just have one question is the soas undergraduate degree awarded by the university of London and how does it look like Thanks
Jen_S
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I’ve applied for International Relations.
My grades are 6,6,6 (A,A,A) and 39 points (IB)
Lottie_smith02
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mariamaziz222)
hey there
Hey!
Best of luck on your application
I've applied for law with predicted grades of A*A*A
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by viraj samat)
Hi I’m really interested about going to soas but I just have one question is the soas undergraduate degree awarded by the university of London and how does it look like Thanks
It's awarded by SOAS. Officially, its full name is 'SOAS, University of London' so whilst it's part of the UoL collective it is also its own stand-alone university. When you say what does it look like do you mean the degree certificate?
username5433932
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Lottie_smith02)
Hey!
Best of luck on your application
I've applied for law with predicted grades of A*A*A
heyy!
good luck with your application!! i got my offer two week ago and thinking of firming it x
chikuu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mariamaziz222)
hey there
hiii I'm applying for BA History. Haven't gottena response on my offer yet but I'm predicted AAA and they want ABB so I'm really hoping it comes through.
Edit: Offer came through last Thursday!!
Last edited by chikuu; 9 months ago
somsom2333
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey!! I’m applying for Chinese and Linguistics at SOAS!!! 2021 !
GraceH-8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’ve applied for Korean studies 2021! Currently waiting for a reply ahh!!
bethilia
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi everyone, I've applied for East Asian Studies and Linguistics this year 😄. I'm worrying a little bit right now because I haven't received any sort of acknowledgement from SOAS regarding my application. My other choices sent one out within a few days of my application being sent off (mid October). Is this normal for SOAS or should I send them an email asking if there is a problem?
GraceH-8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by bethilia)
Hi everyone, I've applied for East Asian Studies and Linguistics this year 😄. I'm worrying a little bit right now because I haven't received any sort of acknowledgement from SOAS regarding my application. My other choices sent one out within a few days of my application being sent off (mid October). Is this normal for SOAS or should I send them an email asking if there is a problem?
I’m pretty sure this is normal! My application was sent off a couple weeks ago and still no acknowledgment email. But I read from other people that they hadn’t received one either (& got their offers (pretty sure)). Just a waiting game!! Hope your application goes well
bethilia
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by GraceH-8)
I’m pretty sure this is normal! My application was sent off a couple weeks ago and still no acknowledgment email. But I read from other people that they hadn’t received one either (& got their offers (pretty sure)). Just a waiting game!! Hope your application goes well
Oh I see, thank you so much! That's some worry taken away for sure. I hope your application goes well too!!
GraceH-8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Oh I see, thank you so much! That's some worry taken away for sure. I hope your application goes well too!!
No problem at all!! Glad I could help thank you!!
saiminna
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey! I'm in the same boat as you guys. Sent off my application around early October time and received most of my offers then too. Now just waiting on SOAS. Would it help to ping the admissions team an email?
GraceH-8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by saiminna)
Hey! I'm in the same boat as you guys. Sent off my application around early October time and received most of my offers then too. Now just waiting on SOAS. Would it help to ping the admissions team an email?
Maybe?? I’m not too sure. I heard that it may take them a month or so to reply, so I would expect that we’d hear in the new year?.. Mine was sent off on the 2nd, I’m waiting on Sheffield and SOAS (you wouldn’t by any chance have applied to Sheffield too??)
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
Got an offer this week for the MA Global Media and Communications programme!
GraceH-8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Got an offer this week for the MA Global Media and Communications programme!
Congratulations!!!! I was wondering if you could tell me how long it took them to reply? My application was sent off on the 2nd of December and still waiting!
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by GraceH-8)
Congratulations!!!! I was wondering if you could tell me how long it took them to reply? My application was sent off on the 2nd of December and still waiting!
Thank you!! And it took me about three weeks. Their website says it can take them up to a month to get back so don't worry, lots of time still!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.6%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.04%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (35)
16.51%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.62%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
26.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise