The Student Room Group

SSE Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chemberleen
I am applying to the same position now. Did you get in?

have you done the test yet
Original post by A Gentleman
have you done the test yet

Yes I did the test few days ago.
Yes I did the test few days ago.

how did you find it? did you answer all questions
Reply 43
Hey, what's the ability test format? Numerical and Logical or?

Thanks

Update: Just did the test. Was okay I guess... How was it for you two?
(edited 2 years ago)
Well, I didn't answer all the questions. I think the time was really short for the questions. We had a lot of things to answer. I hope to get a positive response though.
Reply 45
Well, I didn't answer all the questions. I think the time was really short for the questions. We had a lot of things to answer. I hope to get a positive response though.

I doubt anyone would have finished all questions tbh. The time was really short but yeah, hoping on a positive outcome as well.

Fingers crossed
i have all the answers to it so I did it in like 10minsScreenshot 2021-11-07 at 22.43.30.png
Original post by Rad 08
I doubt anyone would have finished all questions tbh. The time was really short but yeah, hoping on a positive outcome as well.

Fingers crossed

Yeah. I agree with you. I doubt anyone will finish except for someone that is solely guessing.
i have all the answers to it so I did it in like 10mins

I see.
i have all the answers to it so I did it in like 10minsScreenshot 2021-11-07 at 22.43.30.png

You do realise they will test you again at the assessment centre, and you'll be flagged by the system as an obvious cheat.

All you've done is get yourself blacklisted lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
I see.

I found it tough. The format was new to me.

Usually these tests are used to weed out the bottom 1/3. You should get through if you did reasonably well.

But even if we do get rejected, there's always more applications to do and more opportunities to improve!

Also that guy will be flagged as a cheater, now or at the assessment centre when there's more tests, there's no way he's got a chance at the job after doing something so shortsighted.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ILikeCheeseToast
You do realise they will test you again at the assessment centre, and you'll be flagged by the system as an obvious cheat.

My thought exactly. Besides, there absolutely no need cheat on a job test. It does benefit anyone if you get a job you ain't suitable for.
Reply 52

They will most likely test you again and under strict supervision as the time of test completion and accuracy are recorded. I'll suggest you use this period to brush up on your numeracy further as chances are high that you will redo the test.
Reply 53
Yeah. I agree with you. I doubt anyone will finish except for someone that is solely guessing.

Yeah, I was actually tempted to guess pick the questions I could not answer but I just left it as I preferred getting a lot of the questions I could answer accurately

first of all no they won't. i have been to many ac's and only one required me to do a test after ac

and 2nd, if they do test me again, ill know the answer because I did all the questions myself.

its not cheating when you screenshot it, do the question in your own time, then when it appears again you look back at your answer :wink:
(edited 2 years ago)
first of all no they won't. i have been to many ac's and only one required me to do a test after ac

and 2nd, if they do test me again, ill know the answer because I did all the questions myself.

its not cheating when you screenshot it, do the question in your own time, then when it appears again you look back at your answer :wink:

1st well they will and all the assessment days I've been to have re-tested.

2nd it will be a similar style test with new questions. It will take you 25 minutes instead of 10. Time pressure will mean you are not able to complete every question. The difference in performance and timing will be flagged automatically.

3rd do you think you are the first person that has tried something like this? They have very straightforward systems to detect this behaviour.

4th it's quite possible that you were blacklisted for other jobs in the past for similar behaviour and they just didn't bother to tell you.
Reply 56
Hey,

Anyone heard back yet?
Original post by Rad 08
Hey,

Anyone heard back yet?

I haven't heard anything for now.
Reply 58
I haven't heard anything for now.

Thanks. Let me know when you hear back!
1st well they will and all the assessment days I've been to have re-tested.

2nd it will be a similar style test with new questions. It will take you 25 minutes instead of 10. Time pressure will mean you are not able to complete every question. The difference in performance and timing will be flagged automatically.

3rd do you think you are the first person that has tried something like this? They have very straightforward systems to detect this behaviour.

4th it's quite possible that you were blacklisted for other jobs in the past for similar behaviour and they just didn't bother to tell you.

I also have a bank of questions on my drive. if you have covered all the questions there should not be any New ones

to bypass timing systems just purpose use up 99% of the time limit

and your point about black listing or system detection is invalid because I have done Tests last year for certain companies and I'm doing their tests again This year. I am not black listed
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest