Drama1Llama
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm planning to drop psychology in favour of maths since all of psychology is basically memorisation and the content isn't stimulating down the line. I chose maths since I wanted to be stimulated, put more hard work in it and try and enjoy myself. How is the jump from GCSE to A level and do your results come from being smart or hard work? P.s I am doing Biolgoy and Chemistry alongside it and I'm unsure of what to do in the future
edzomac
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I did GCSE maths early so i had about a year of no maths at all. The transition was, lets say painful, but tbh it's not too bad. You definitely have to enjoy maths though, if you don't i wouldn't even consider. I think the transition will be fine if you got 9/8/7 at GCSE. However, just to leave more options open to you, i would recommend doing at least 1 essay based subject, unless you are 100% dead set on sciences. Anyway, best of luck to you with A levels (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.1%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (88)
28.39%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.74%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (41)
13.23%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.55%

Watched Threads