The Student Room Group

PwC applications 2021

Hello,

I was just wondering if anybody knows if the Career unlocked stage (games based assessment) is actually assessed? Does it determine whether you are invited to the video interview as it looks as if the video interview and games are all part of the 'assessment' stage- my question is if it all gets reviewed together or do you have to pass the games in order to progress. Is it possible to actually fail the games assessment for the 2021 intake applications? Also would love any advice or tips for this years application process! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

It is assessed. And yes it determines if you’re invited to video interview. If it helps I didn’t get too high of a score 8222 but I’m already at the assessment centre stage. I think as long as you do well in the maths you should be okay? I saw people with 9500 scores fail the assessment. Somehow they build a your personality from the game, mine was very accurate somehow. All I can say is good luck, don’t stress. Just practice maths for the final section. 18 questions 18 mins.
Reply 2
Original post by TheWongTim
It is assessed. And yes it determines if you’re invited to video interview. If it helps I didn’t get too high of a score 8222 but I’m already at the assessment centre stage. I think as long as you do well in the maths you should be okay? I saw people with 9500 scores fail the assessment. Somehow they build a your personality from the game, mine was very accurate somehow. All I can say is good luck, don’t stress. Just practice maths for the final section. 18 questions 18 mins.

Thankyou! Yeah I didn't get a great score either but managed to pass it! Which role have you applied to if you don't mind me asking?

Yep.

If it helps anyone too, I’ve applied to their Summer internship Audit 2021 and got a score of 8109 and got an immediate video interview invitation from Hirevue. It was so quick I had to take a bit of time to process what happened lol.

@TheWongTim how did you find the video interview? What type of questions should I prep for and any tips please?
Original post by Jasmine_JJ3
Thankyou! Yeah I didn't get a great score either but managed to pass it! Which role have you applied to if you don't mind me asking?

I’ve applied to Edinburgh Audit! You?
Original post by MajorFader
Yep.

If it helps anyone too, I’ve applied to their Summer internship Audit 2021 and got a score of 8109 and got an immediate video interview invitation from Hirevue. It was so quick I had to take a bit of time to process what happened lol.

@TheWongTim how did you find the video interview? What type of questions should I prep for and any tips please?

The video interview was pretty easy?
it was mainly your motivations on why you want to join PwC and the line of service with some situational questions (unseen situations, more ones you could encounter at work) for the tips, I think just make sure you take your time between questions.
The video interview was pretty easy?
it was mainly your motivations on why you want to join PwC and the line of service with some situational questions (unseen situations, more ones you could encounter at work) for the tips, I think just make sure you take your time between questions.

The reason I ask is that I’ve failed 2 video interviews for other summer internship applications before so I’m really trying to prep for this one.

Did you automatically get a video interview invite on completion of the game? Or did it take some time?

Thanks in advance! and congratulations on getting through to AC
Original post by s_clare8
Did you automatically get a video interview invite on completion of the game? Or did it take some time?

Thanks in advance! and congratulations on getting through to AC

Hey!
After completion of the game I heard back same day that I had passed and was invited to the video interview. The video interview link came in around 3 days after that. This was at the end of September so the timings may have changed now due to more applicants.
Reply 9
I’ve applied to Edinburgh Audit! You?

Same as me - have you heard back? I had the assessment centre last Tuesday, didn't get told when to expect a reply
Original post by j_rpppp
Same as me - have you heard back? I had the assessment centre last Tuesday, didn't get told when to expect a reply

Hey mate! I had mine the Friday before you, but I've not heard back yet. I was told 5-14 working days, so i'm hoping to hear back this coming week.
Can anyone give any insight into the video interview? Guessing just another standard hirevue????
Reply 12
hey, I did my PwC interview today - how soon shall I expect to hear regarding the outcome? THANKS
Original post by J77mie
hey, I did my PwC interview today - how soon shall I expect to hear regarding the outcome? THANKS

I assume it'll be after the deadline which is this Friday if it is anything like the first stage. Think they wait till the deadline to make any decisions.
Reply 14
Original post by J77mie

Hi there ! Congrats I was invited too how was it? for which role did you apply?
Original post by j_rpppp

Just heard back today that I was given an offer!
Reply 16
Just heard back today that I was given an offer!

Congrats! For the AC were you required to do a numerical test too?
Original post by Sav890
Congrats! For the AC were you required to do a numerical test too?

Thanks! In the AC you have emails to answer which contain numerical questions, and you answer the questions via email. The maths is quite simple so I wouldn't worry too much about the maths especially.
Reply 18
Does everyone have the same assessment centre for PwC? I'm concerned as it would be unfair if we had different questions.
Reply 19
hi I've only just completed the games based assessment and I got a score of 8313. As some of you have already been to assessment centres do you think it's too late for me to have my application continued?

Quick Reply