The Student Room Group

Can’t move away for Uni

I come from a single parent household with quite low
Income. I’ve always dreamt of moving away for uni but it might not possible because we can’t afford it. My local university is still a Russell group university which is great but just not my first choice. I’m not sure how i feel but i just wanted to say if you’ve got the funds and chance to move out , count yourself lucky.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Income. I’ve always dreamt of moving away for uni but it might not possible because we can’t afford it. My local university is still a Russell group university which is great but just not my first choice. I’m not sure how i feel but i just wanted to say if you’ve got the funds and chance to move out , count yourself lucky.

dont u get higher student maintenence if u come from a low income family and also maybe u could get a job at uni to support urself
Original post by Anonymous

The way student finance system works is that those from financially less well off backgrounds get the largest maintenance loans, in addition to this lots of universities supplement students from low income backgrounds.

Additionally to this you can either work part time or in the holidays to supplement your income.

Quick Reply

Latest