pray for them Watch

This discussion is closed.
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i know there are other threads about this but i still think we shoud all pray for the people in sri lanka, india, and all the other places that have been killed in the earthquake.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i know someone out there who has yet to reply to my emails! :eek:
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
then pray for them
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is praying just a switch on/off thing? Or are people here actually religious? This turning to god in times of hardship pisses me off. On a more minor note people wearing crosses around their neck when they arent even religious also pisses me off. Sorry if thats harsh but thats how i feel.
Look upon me how you see fit TSR. Grrr
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
Is praying just a switch on/off thing? Or are people here actually religious? This turning to god in times of hardship pisses me off. On a more minor note people wearing crosses around their neck when they arent even religious also pisses me off. Sorry if thats harsh but thats how i feel.
er.....ewll im not very reliogous but when things like this happen i do pray
and i dont wear a cross ever or a rosery
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well my house out in India got totalled:'(. 5 Years of my parents' hard work down the drain!
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
i know there are other threads about this but i still think we shoud all pray for the people in sri lanka, india, and all the other places that have been killed in the earthquake.
I have yesterday, and I will again today.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
Actually i agree... it's like, i personally don't use the phrase "oh my god" - i stick to oh my life or oh my goodness.... but it annoys me when non-religous people do!! Anyway to answer your question no i pray all the time - so it's okay!
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But religious people aren't meant to say gods name in vain :rolleyes:

I will not be praying.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am not religious like that and so wouldn't ever pray for anyone as I see no point. I do hope that the relief efforts go well though and that further suffering can be avoided.

Perhaps the affected governments will now see the importance in investing in plate monitoring and seismic prediction technology. Sadly as with most things, governments are reluctant to invest in such things until after disaster has struck. Someday the same will be said of NEO detection.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed