The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Switching minor module.

I am asking for my daughter who is studying Maths and picked Accounting and Finance for her minor but is feeling out of her depth with it as her 1st assessment questions seems to assume prior knowledge which she hasn't got. She is worried she will fail the minor and in turn fail her 1st year, it doesn't help that its pretty much teach yourself watching videos. Is she able to switch minors, if so how as there is no one to speak to in person due to isolation?
Original post by Anonymous
I am asking for my daughter who is studying Maths and picked Accounting and Finance for her minor but is feeling out of her depth with it as her 1st assessment questions seems to assume prior knowledge which she hasn't got. She is worried she will fail the minor and in turn fail her 1st year, it doesn't help that its pretty much teach yourself watching videos. Is she able to switch minors, if so how as there is no one to speak to in person due to isolation?

Hi @Anonymous #1,

I'd recommend that your daughter gets in contact with both her major department (Maths) and her minor (Accounting and Finance) to ask them about swapping. Usually, it's quite flexible in the first two-three weeks of term, as students get a taste of the subject, so the quicker she emails, the more likely it is that she is able to switch. You can contact the maths department here ( [email protected] ).

It's totally normal for a lot of people to change their mind about their minor, so please don't worry. The best thing to do is contact the department, so they can help.

Maria :smile:
2nd year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks Maria, we'll get on it. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending