How do I stop comparing my relationship to others?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do I stop comparing my relationship to others? I seem to find myself constantly doing this and then degrading my own relationship
Vanessa Peace
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you are in the process of comparing your relationship, it is much better you compare the great aspects of your relationship that they don't have.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vanessa Peace)
When you are in the process of comparing your relationship, it is much better you compare the great aspects of your relationship that they don't have.
That’s still comparing buddy. @OP, there really isn’t, are you feeling insecure about your relationship?
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then it just shows you are not happy in your heart about the relationship you are in your head is telling you so by degrading your relationship. You clearly do not seem interested and you shouldn't waste your time or your significant others and move on.
OR
Your brain is telling you, you cannot have good things and stuff!

If you love this person then try comparing the positive aspects, it will change your mindset completely!

This happens more than you think x
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Every relationship is different, the ones that look perfect may actually be the worst ones - you never know!

It’s better to focus on your relationship. Are you happy with your partner? Is there things you would like to change or try?

Communicate these feelings with your partner and build the best relationship possible. Once you feel content with the relationship you’re in, there will be no need to compare as you know it’s the happiest relationship it can be.

It’s all about communication and finding balance. Talk it through with your partner!
Last edited by pepsimaxcherry; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed