The Student Room Group

Help me boost my grades!!

Hi, my predicted grades were BBC in English lit, history and biology, but I’ve had them moved up AAB. I’m thinking about get my biology moved up to an A but I’m currently working the same as my predicted grades in all my subjects.
Can you give me any tips?? I’m getting a tutor for biology and I’ll probably get one english lit and history nearer the time of exams. Can you give me advice on how to get the best possible grades and improve?
Original post by Foxfeet
Hi, my predicted grades were BBC in English lit, history and biology, but I’ve had them moved up AAB. I’m thinking about get my biology moved up to an A but I’m currently working the same as my predicted grades in all my subjects.
Can you give me any tips?? I’m getting a tutor for biology and I’ll probably get one english lit and history nearer the time of exams. Can you give me advice on how to get the best possible grades and improve?

PAST PAPER QUESTIONS! Especially for biology. What exam board do you do?
Reply 2
Original post by SophieLouLou
PAST PAPER QUESTIONS! Especially for biology. What exam board do you do?

AQA!
Original post by Foxfeet

Watch Ali abdaal YouTube channel!! He came 1st in Cambridge for medicine and teaches you his revision methods. Thanks me later😅
how did you get your teachers to predict you higher??
Original post by Foxfeet
AQA!

I have some question packs and revision notes if you want them. Im predicted an A*, so they work!!
Reply 6
Original post by SophieLouLou
I have some question packs and revision notes if you want them. Im predicted an A*, so they work!!

Omg that would be amazing!! Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by palestine29
how did you get your teachers to predict you higher??

My head of sixth form will put them up one grade but is skeptical about 2, I think if you just really emphasise what you need and where you want to go they should put them up x
Reply 8
Original post by Professor Ops
Watch Ali abdaal YouTube channel!! He came 1st in Cambridge for medicine and teaches you his revision methods. Thanks me later😅

Omg thank you!!
Reply 9
You should be getting into a disciplined routine with your studying and really making it a non-negotiable part of your life. At this stage, I would be doing at least 3 hours of work per night and then 5 hours each day at the weekend.

Set yourself a weekly detailed timetable- not just ‘5pm- biology’ but ‘5pm-6pm biology unit 2 cells’. Hold yourself accountable at the end of each week and reward or punish yourself depending on whether you’ve done your hours set. Rewards can be things like watching a movie on Netflix and punishments should be a reminder that you have fallen short. So it could be no phone for 1 day for every hour you miss or giving yourself double the time you didn’t complete the following week.

When it comes to mock and exam periods you should be aiming to maximise your study tone and minimise time spent doing other things. The phrase ‘work smart’ is often used but I think ‘work smart and work hard’ is more effective. From the month before exams, I’d do at least 4 hours on a school night and 10 hours during weekends and study leave.

Quick Reply

Latest