seojune_dubai
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am getting 18s and 19s in my economics 25 markers, is there any ways to improve my essay? I am also following the structures of the 25 markers. if there is any external source of information/application to add to my 25 markers, please do pop it down the comments!
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I haven't done Economics A Level, but it sounds like you have at least said a lot of things correctly, explained the theory, and analysed the implications. Have you put anything down regarding critical thinking? This could be thngs like:

• How significant are these points in practice? Where are they significant?
  • Are there conflicting theories? How do they compare?
  • Econometric stats?
  • How will you weigh up the implications?
  • Do you agree with the theory or analysis? Why do/don't you agree?
  • What are the limitations of the analysis and theory?

It's probably best to speak to your tutors and consult the mark scheme regarding this. Letts used to provide an exam practice book on the subject, but I don't think they do it anymore, especially with the new A Level spec.
edzomac
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I've gotten a few 25/25s recently. my structure here:
25 mark essay technique

General structure
Intro (¼ page)
On the one hand (2 solid paragraphs ½ page each)
On the other hand (2 solid paragraphs ½ page each)
Final judgement (½ page)
(length is approximation)

Intro (¼ page, 2 marks)
Any general information about the topic and relevant definitions. ¼ page approx.
(e.g In this essay i will be assessing which of the most common policies for reducing demerit good consumption is most effective and why. …. Definitions .)

Paragraph structure(½ page, 5 marks)
Make point (e.g ‘indirect taxes are a popular method used by governments to reduce cigarette consumption’)
Explanation (e.g Higher prices result in a fall in demand. )
Answer the question (e.g indirect taxes do result in reduction in demand but not to the level desired as cigarettes are price inelastic. This is due to their addictiveness.)
Example (e.g An increase in VAT by 5% might reduce demand by 3%. Graph showing demand falling proportionately less than price rise)
Evaluate (short run and long run impacts, winners and losers question assumptions from theory)

Judgement (8 marks)
Final answer to the question (key features: answer question explicitly , justify answer by weighing up core arguments, consider short run and long run impact, use examples/evidence to make cause throughout)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
28.89%
No (192)
71.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise