The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! I’m Tasha & I studied my LLB at london Bloomsbury. I’m now studying my LPC (technically at London Moorgate but I am doing online streaming due to covid and having vulnerable family).

If you have any questions regarding either courses or anything please leave them below! :-)
lawyer1456
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can u tell me about ur LLB experience and how was it with the ULAW and did u find a training contract and job opportunity
TheSorceress
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, What made you choose University of Law over BPP?
Additionally, have you been able to secure a TC with a firm? If yes, how did you go about doing the same, If no, what steps do you plan on taking further?
Rep:
?
(Original post by lawyer1456)
can u tell me about ur LLB experience and how was it with the ULAW and did u find a training contract and job opportunity
Hi! I loved my LLB there. The exams were different - some closed book exams comprised or 10 multiple choice questions and 2 long questions (you picked from 6), some courseworks of 2,000 words, and some oral exams where you pretended to be a solicitor giving a client advice (these were my favourite). All of my lecturers and tutors were happy to answer questions via email or face to face throughout, whether it was within our lectures or not. The employability team are amazing and help with CV’s, applications, mock interviews and more. I haven’t got a training contract yet, I’m currently applying! Job opportunities will follow the training contract, I did complete pro bono with them though (a mock trial infront of a real judge in the Royal Courts of Justice, 2 mooting competitions and a month long internship at our Legal Advice Centre). I also completed certification courses, interview techniques courses, and events such as Reblaw. Hope that helps :-)
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheSorceress)
Hi, What made you choose University of Law over BPP?
Additionally, have you been able to secure a TC with a firm? If yes, how did you go about doing the same, If no, what steps do you plan on taking further?
Hi, I chose ULaw because all of the teachers have previously practised law. My college wasn’t great.. we had psychology teachers teaching us history etc, so this was really important to me!

I liked the way the exams were (have replied to another student below about this) and liked the campus and atmosphere at the open days I attended.

I know there is a toss up between BPP and ULaw for a lot of people. Take a look at the difference in contact hours, the way exams are held etc and assess what’s important to you! Some firms will require you to study at a certain one... lots of students on my LPC course were required to study at ULaw from the firms they have a TC with!

I haven’t secured one yet no. I am applying this year. A lot of my applications were postponed due to covid, so I will be waiting to hear back from those this year. Alongside this, I’ll be applying to vac schemes and then TC’s when they are open!
TheSorceress
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hi, I chose ULaw because all of the teachers have previously practised law. My college wasn’t great.. we had psychology teachers teaching us history etc, so this was really important to me!

I liked the way the exams were (have replied to another student below about this) and liked the campus and atmosphere at the open days I attended.

I know there is a toss up between BPP and ULaw for a lot of people. Take a look at the difference in contact hours, the way exams are held etc and assess what’s important to you! Some firms will require you to study at a certain one... lots of students on my LPC course were required to study at ULaw from the firms they have a TC with!

I haven’t secured one yet no. I am applying this year. A lot of my applications were postponed due to covid, so I will be waiting to hear back from those this year. Alongside this, I’ll be applying to vac schemes and then TC’s when they are open!
Thank you, this is really valuable information and to be honest, I am leaning towards ULaw more now! Which city did you do study from btw?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheSorceress)
Thank you, this is really valuable information and to be honest, I am leaning towards ULaw more now! Which city did you do study from btw?
You’re more than welcome! And great to hear!

I went to London Bloomsbury campus for my LLB so for 3 years and I’m now doing my LPC LLM at London Moorgate (although I have opted for the online streaming route due to vulnerable family so I’m actually doing it all from my home outside of London)

Hope that helps
Tasha :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (549)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (665)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise