What do I need to add to this post to make people want to quote it?

Watch
mjhmichael18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Here is the post I am talking about in the title.

(Original post by Interea)
I feel like that wouldn't end up being the most efficient use of space, since each floor would need to end up being roughly the same size regardless of how many classrooms are needed on that floor. I can't think of any subjects for Y that are taught at school level to such an extent that you'd get a full class?

It definitely makes sense to group classrooms by subject, I just don't think an arbitrary order like alphabetical would be the most logical way to do it.
With Y there is Yachting which is a subject that could be taught there because Bristol is near the English/Welsh border and the mouth of the River Severn but is that really a subject that is taught at school level to such an extent that you would get a full class?

The trouble is I can’t think of a better way to group classrooms by subject other than this way.

The slogan would be ‘Know your alphabet, know your spelling and happily join our school’

The original plan didn’t have lifts it only had stairs to encourage students to do more exercise and the trouble with that is people with wheelchairs can’t go there and they are a bit discriminated against.”

What do I need to add to this post to make people want to quote it?
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 1 month ago
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, not quite sure what you’re trying to ask Did you mean to make a new thread for this or just reply to a user?
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Hi, not quite sure what you’re trying to ask Did you mean to make a new thread for this or just reply to a user?
I did mean to make a new thread for this and for some reason or another people don’t want to quote the post that is in speech marks in the OP for this thread. I keep thinking that I need add something to it but what could that be. What do I need to add to that post to make people want to quote it or why do you think people don’t want to quote this post at the moment?
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
I did mean to make a new thread for this and for some reason or another people don’t want to quote the post that is in speech marks in the OP for this thread. I keep thinking that I need add something to it but what could that be. What do I need to add to that post to make people want to quote it or why do you think people don’t want to quote this post at the moment?
I mean i think we need more context, for people to know what you/interea are talking about - usually more lighthearted threads get more attention on tsr :dontknow:
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
I mean i think we need more context, for people to know what you/interea are talking about - usually more lighthearted threads get more attention on tsr :dontknow:
I feel like that wouldn't end up being the most efficient use of space, since each floor would need to end up being roughly the same size regardless of how many classrooms are needed on that floor. I can't think of any subjects for Y that are taught at school level to such an extent that you'd get a full class?

It definitely makes sense to group classrooms by subject, I just don't think an arbitrary order like alphabetical would be the most logical way to do it.
With Y there is Yachting which is a subject that could be taught there because Bristol is near the English/Welsh border and the mouth of the River Severn but is that really a subject that is taught at school level to such an extent that you would get a full class?

The trouble is I can’t think of a better way to group classrooms by subject other than this way.

The slogan would be ‘Know your alphabet, know your spelling and happily join our school’

The original plan didn’t have lifts it only had stairs to encourage students to do more exercise and the trouble with that is people with wheelchairs can’t go there and they are a bit discriminated against.”

This is the post I am referring to.

This was a post on the “Should AOS be built in Bristol?” thread which I created yesterday morning. AOS stands for Alphabetical Order School and would basically be a 27 floor school with Art on the A floor and Geography on the G floor and History on the H floor etcetera. If I became Prime Minister, I would build AOS in Bristol as I am for this idea. Are you for or against this idea? Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I don't always quote longer posts if I'm replying to the creator of a thread - I figure they'll read every reply anyway and it just confuses me to have a giant quote at the start of the reply!

Is there a particular reason you like quoted replies? I didn't think it really made a difference on smaller threads since you get notifications anyway as the OP, so I really just leave it out to help me process my reply (I'm not great at reading text on computer screens, so the less going on in front of me the better!). I've found I tend to give up on trying to reply if I have a massive chunk of text in front of me, which is not really the best for conversation

Hopefully no offence caused, it really is just the way I tend to use this site!
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Hey, I don't always quote longer posts if I'm replying to the creator of a thread - I figure they'll read every reply anyway and it just confuses me to have a giant quote at the start of the reply!

Is there a particular reason you like quoted replies? I didn't think it really made a difference on smaller threads since you get notifications anyway as the OP, so I really just leave it out to help me process my reply (I'm not great at reading text on computer screens, so the less going on in front of me the better!). I've found I tend to give up on trying to reply if I have a massive chunk of text in front of me, which is not really the best for conversation

Hopefully no offence caused, it really is just the way I tend to use this site!
I don’t really it is easy to understand what they are replying to if they are quoted. Did you know you can quote a post of your own?
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t really it is easy to understand what they are replying to if they are quoted. Did you know you can quote a post of your own?
Yep, I know exactly how the quoting works - I just find it easier not to sometimes if the thread is moving slowly enough that it's obvious what I'm replying to.
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

This is the post I am referring to.

This was a post on the “Should AOS be built in Bristol?” thread which I created yesterday morning. AOS stands for Alphabetical Order School and would basically be a 27 floor school with Art on the A floor and Geography on the G floor and History on the H floor etcetera. If I became Prime Minister, I would build AOS in Bristol as I am for this idea. Are you for or against this idea? Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Ahh I see, I am personally against this idea as it would wear students out, and lesson changeover times could vary from 1min to 10 depending on how far up or down the schools you have to go (going from art to science etc.)

Would registration and the canteen be kept to their designated buildings too?

In our school, we have each building as a different subject or two which I think is a good way of doing it

///
People generally don’t quote the OP if they’re replying it, generally because it’s more obvious about what they’re replying to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads