The Student Room Group

A level

Guys it is my fourth year in A level though which was meant to be completed by 2019 reasons were
2019: Couldn't give my exam due to typhoid
2020: Centre assessed grades were a mess so got the wrong grades cuz my school didn't cooperated

Now I am planning on sitting my A level next year and i seriously confused and depressed wheather university will accept me or not. I am aiming for Russell group university and course i wanna study is B.sc Computer science
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
This is indeed quite sticky...

Your best option is to email/phone/contact each university you are thinking of applying to and explaining your situation. Then try and get written confirmation of whether or not they will still consider you.

The entry criteria for each university differ quite a lot, for example some say you need to complete a-levels within 2 years whilst others say resits are accepted but only if you achieved a certain set of grades in the first try.

Make sure you do thorough research and contact each uni separately to see if they will accept 4 years of study and if you will be considered less competitive or not.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest