The Student Room Group

Wiring 6x9 Parcel Shelf S Help!

So got an old K the Micra (k10) and I’m having trouble about wiring the speakers to the head unit
Reply 1
Don't bother with 6x9s in the parcel shelf. Parcel shelves are about the most rubbish surface you can mount speakers to.

Focus on your front door speakers, and add a sub if you want more bass. A good budget car system would be component front door speakers, aftermarket head unit to give you clean sound and some control over it, an amplifier for the front door speakers, and a sub to fill in the bottom end. Rear speakers run off the head unit if you want some sound in the back for passengers.
Reply 2
Original post by Nuffles
Don't bother with 6x9s in the parcel shelf. Parcel shelves are about the most rubbish surface you can mount speakers to.

Focus on your front door speakers, and add a sub if you want more bass. A good budget car system would be component front door speakers, aftermarket head unit to give you clean sound and some control over it, an amplifier for the front door speakers, and a sub to fill in the bottom end. Rear speakers run off the head unit if you want some sound in the back for passengers.

Yeah tru tru man but I’ve built a custom fully supported shelf, as never use the boot at all plus because it’s a classic car and that it doesn’t have back passenger door speakers so the 6x9 would kinda compensate that, but I’ve got an amp that I wanna wire up to it all , and I have a Sony head unit already haha
Reply 3
Original post by Cribz88
Yeah tru tru man but I’ve built a custom fully supported shelf, as never use the boot at all plus because it’s a classic car and that it doesn’t have back passenger door speakers so the 6x9 would kinda compensate that, but I’ve got an amp that I wanna wire up to it all , and I have a Sony head unit already haha

Like I said, don't bother with 6x9s in the parcel shelf. It'll ruin any semblance of sound quality. Put your money into your front door speakers and setting up your amp to power them. When you go to a music concert, is the sound coming from in front of you or behind you? In front yeah? So why would you put all your decent speakers behind you in your car?! 6x9s typically only sit at the budget end of the market as well, all the decent stuff is 6.5".
Reply 4
Original post by Nuffles
Like I said, don't bother with 6x9s in the parcel shelf. It'll ruin any semblance of sound quality. Put your money into your front door speakers and setting up your amp to power them. When you go to a music concert, is the sound coming from in front of you or behind you? In front yeah? So why would you put all your decent speakers behind you in your car?! 6x9s typically only sit at the budget end of the market as well, all the decent stuff is 6.5".

The speaker fits in the door only really allow 4” unless I some how manage to modify it to fit the bigger nicer 6” speakers then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending