Effects of living without sex

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What are the effects (or affects, I never can tell which is correct) of living without sex. There are assexuals in the world and people who do not want to have sex. The entire concept of it is a bit of a mystery. Can life be complete without sexual experiences?
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Effect is the noun and affect is the verb, so here it’s effect
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What are the effects (or affects, I never can tell which is correct) of living without sex. There are assexuals in the world and people who do not want to have sex. The entire concept of it is a bit of a mystery. Can life be complete without sexual experiences?
It depends on the person. If somebody has a higher sex drive, then they may find themselves frustrated, angry, in a bad mood etc. For someone who has a lower sex drive, they may not experience any effects of not having sex. Life is so much more than what you do in the bedroom, so yes life can be complete without sex.
Jut22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Easy. Just jack off harder .
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I haven't had sex in years and I feel totally fine. My sex drive is pretty non-existent though.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
So in other words, affect is the action and effect is the result?
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So in other words, affect is the action and effect is the result?
Yep, exactly :yep: If in doubt, just use 'impact' since that works both ways :lol:
Blueclueless
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on that persons view on relationships. Personally I don’t think sex is all that important to relationships and because of some issues I have I Hebert had sex in a long time.

I know some people who will leave fantastic people purely because of sex and are willing to sabotage any realistic ship to get what they want
Anonymous #1
Yep, exactly :yep: If in doubt, just use 'impact' since that works both ways :lol:
Much appreciated, I'm always trying to update my grammar, but these two always get me confused. Anyway, thank you for helping me.
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Much appreciated, I'm always trying to update my grammar, but these two always get me confused. Anyway, thank you for helping me.
You're welcome!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
personally, i think i might be asexual. like thinking about myself having sex with someone disgusts me, i can be attracted to someone physically and think they’re good looking or whatever but i don’t feel the urge to have sex with them. i don’t see sex as a necessity in life and i believe i could fall in love with someone and have a romantic relationship with them without the sexual side of things so yes i think life can be complete without sexual experiences. but that’s just me, everyone is different.
tashkent46
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Death
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the person, their preferences, relationship expectations, sex drive and health.
Asexuals, people with a low sex drive or serious medical issues tend to have other priorities in a relationship and limited interest in sexual activity.
Unmarried people who are firmly committed to sexual abstinence until marriage usually have a range of hobbies and other interests that keep their relationship focus away from sex.

But most healthy people with an average or high sex drive will consider sexual activity as a part of the relationship and won't have much desire to enter into a relationship that will not include sex.
Many sexual active people will be unwilling to get involved in a sexless relationship based on past experience that left them feeling either: angry, frustrated, resentful, neglected, miserable or exploited.
Justvisited
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not so simple - effect can be a verb too....
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Justvisited)
It's not so simple - effect can be a verb too....
Well yes, but that verb has a different meaning to the context it is being used in here
username4842146
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't had sex in years and I feel totally fine. My sex drive is pretty non-existent though.
My boyfriend said the same thing until he found me
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by har!bo)
My boyfriend said the same thing until he found me
Meh, I have zero interest in relationships, they are too much hassle.
username4842146
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Meh, I have zero interest in relationships, they are too much hassle.
He also said this
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by har!bo)
He also said this
no one would want to be in a relationship with me even if I wanted to date so I can safely say I will most likely be single for the rest of my life (which I am totally fine with)
username4842146
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no one would want to be in a relationship with me even if I wanted to date so I can safely say I will most likely be single for the rest of my life (which I am totally fine with)
give it some time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (17)
34%
No - I have already returned home (8)
16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (8)
16%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (2)
4%
No - I live at home during term anyway (15)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed