Elliejane1990
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi- can anyone help or advise me please... I’m currently studying an access to health and human sciences at Coventry University and am applying for paramedic science to hopefully start September 2021. It’s about the fitness test... do I have to take the fitness test to get onto the degree or is the fitness test done once on the degree? I am doing the virtual open day soon so will be able to ask more there as well but I’m just wondering when the fitness test is!? Thank you in advance! This is my 1st post on here! 😊😊
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elliejane1990)
Hi- can anyone help or advise me please... I’m currently studying an access to health and human sciences at Coventry University and am applying for paramedic science to hopefully start September 2021. It’s about the fitness test... do I have to take the fitness test to get onto the degree or is the fitness test done once on the degree? I am doing the virtual open day soon so will be able to ask more there as well but I’m just wondering when the fitness test is!? Thank you in advance! This is my 1st post on here! 😊😊
Hi Elliejane1990,

Its great to see you are interested in studying Paramedic Science with us next year! There is no fitness test in the interview process in order to be given an offer/place to study the course or whilst you are on the course. Whether you will need one once you graduate and apply for positions will be dependent on the ambulance service you apply for.

Hope this helps! Any more questions don't hesitate to ask

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Elliejane1990
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors)
Hi Elliejane1990,

Its great to see you are interested in studying Paramedic Science with us next year! There is no fitness test in the interview process in order to be given an offer/place to study the course or whilst you are on the course. Whether you will need one once you graduate and apply for positions will be dependent on the ambulance service you apply for.

Hope this helps! Any more questions don't hesitate to ask

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science
Thank you so much Amy!! Yes I think most unis (from the ones I’ve looked at) don’t require it for entry but once you’ve done it or maybe towards the end of the degree you take one!
im already at Coventry uni doing access to HE so fingers crossed when I apply in the next few months I will get a conditional offer based on my access course results! Thank you as I was worried I had to get super fit before September next year 😂😂🤣 (I’m able to lift and stuff that is required in that sense but I’m no gym bunny!!) kind regards!!
BlueLightDriver
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much Amy!! Yes I think most unis (from the ones I’ve looked at) don’t require it for entry but once you’ve done it or maybe towards the end of the degree you take one!
im already at Coventry uni doing access to HE so fingers crossed when I apply in the next few months I will get a conditional offer based on my access course results! Thank you as I was worried I had to get super fit before September next year 😂😂🤣 (I’m able to lift and stuff that is required in that sense but I’m no gym bunny!!) kind regards!!
You don't have to be "super fit", you just have to have a basic level of fitness. You can find out the specific requirements if you google, but they're things like "walk up and down a step for 2 minutes wearing a weighted vest". I'm not saying you can be a couch potato, but you don't have to run marathons. You could easily do it before September next year if you had to.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Elliejane1990,

Glad you found it helpful! Good luck on your access course and with your application!

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.95%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.92%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.83%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.61%
No - I live at home during term anyway (68)
29.69%

Watched Threads