The Student Room Group

Second lockdown on the way?

I’m curious to know what do you guys think.Do you think there’ll be a second lockdown and is there any future possibility where GCSEs and Alevels are gonna be cancelled again?
I just hope that even if the exams get cancelled,hope the students get fair results in order to justify last year conflict.

Scroll to see replies

we cant really tell but I dont think exams will be cancelled.
I hope not.... gonna be even more depressing since it will happen in winter..
not too sure but there's a huge probability that exams won't be canceled. also, schools will definitely be the last to shut (if they do shut) in the case of a nationwide lockdown.
anything other than what the government and officials tell us is all opinion and speculation :yep: none of us know.
Why is the OP anon for this?
I want another lockdown tbh, I hate school. So toxic and I have to pretend to smile and like the cows and show up to every lesson willing to learn about the flipping binomial expansion of the electronics structures, photosynthesis atom. Yh Idk what I said there lmaoo

But
nevertheless

I have GCSE's and I need to be at school, so hopefully the rest of the school goes and it is just Year 10's and 11's! That would be so much more better tbh!
Reply 7
I think schools will be kept open but everything else will end up closed down again. North first followed by rest of country.
No. NO. NOOOOOOOO

No lockdown
No exams cancelling
No schools shutting down

LET'S MOVE ON!!! STOB IT!!
I think that there’s quite a good chance that exams may be cancelled and schools would just have to adapt by giving us exams throughout the next few months - I don’t know if I would prefer that or having to take exams?
I hope they don't cancel exam
Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. But it will have profound effects. We all simply need to abide by the stay at home rule or mix only in groups of six and no more, always remember to wear a mask. Coronavirus is a deadly disease, which we must all pull together and combat.
what if they cancel GCSE and A level exam what will they do next?
I have to wonder why they don't at least consider having KS4 and especially KS5 students study and learn at/from home for most/all of the school days depending on the subjects they're doing. Students at those ages should be well able to cope with this arrangement and it would enable the remaining KS3-ers to be more spaced out at school (in the right way!).
At this rate, we might have a second lockdown but hopefully by summer there won't be many cases of covid..so, i don't think they'll cancel exams they can't afford to the second time
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
I’m curious to know what do you guys think.Do you think there’ll be a second lockdown and is there any future possibility where GCSEs and Alevels are gonna be cancelled again?
I just hope that even if the exams get cancelled,hope the students get fair results in order to justify last year conflict.

I doubt they'll be another national lockdown like the first where everything closes except supermarkets ...but tomorrow liverpool is getting pubs/bars and gyms lockdown so if you live in liverpool sucks to be you........

manchester will probably follow suit soon.....
In my opinion I don’t mind lockdown seeing the huge increase in daily cases but even if exams were to be cancelled just hope we are fairly graded
Original post by Justvisited
I have to wonder why they don't at least consider having KS4 and especially KS5 students study and learn at/from home for most/all of the school days depending on the subjects they're doing. Students at those ages should be well able to cope with this arrangement and it would enable the remaining KS3-ers to be more spaced out at school (in the right way!).

Because we've got exams and have already missed out on too much!
Original post by 1st superstar
Because we've got exams and have already missed out on too much!

That begs the question, what exactly would you be missing, by doing a lot more study at/from home? You'd still have to come in occasionally for the practicals of art and chemistry for example, but when you think about it a lot could be done remotely.

It doesn't work for all students but the older ones should be able to take it on.
Original post by Justvisited
That begs the question, what exactly would you be missing, by doing a lot more study at/from home? You'd still have to come in occasionally for the practicals of art and chemistry for example, but when you think about it a lot could be done remotely.

It doesn't work for all students but the older ones should be able to take it on.

I would be missing on a LOT my work ethic during the lockdown was garbage so you're completely wrong on the "a lot more study" bit and not all schools are offering online lessons to their pupils. Sorry but R,Y1,Y5,Y6,Y7 and Y10-Y13 really need to be in school IMO.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending