Which humanitarians should i take for GCSE?

Watch
synergy.yuno
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm currently in year 9 and choosing my subjects. I've come here because I'm definitely taking triple science it has left me with three options. I really enjoy business and want to take it. This leaves me with two options. I enjoy all the humanitarian subjects (History, Geography and RS) and can't decide on which two to take. I want to take RS as I understand there will be a workload and I enjoy the subject and my friends plan to take it too. The choice between History and Geography is hard because I enjoy both and am equally good at them. If anyone who took these subjects or and has any advice on what to do and take I would really appreciate it because right now I am just confused.
millsr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Personally, I’d take history. If you end up liking the GCSE a lot, you may end up taking it at A-Level, and A-Level history will open more doors for you than A-Level geography. Myself and most of my friends did GCSE history, and we all like the subject much more than the geography students liked theirs. A friend of mine did both and hated geography in the end, but loved history and is currently doing the A-Level and applying to do it at uni. If you genuinely enjoy them both equally and are good at them both, go with the subject that you feel will help you more when working towards your future plans (if you know what you want to do yet.)
b3th4ny_xxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I did GCSE geography and honestly it was one of, if not, my favourite subject.

I'd say one of the main differences is the style of the exams.
History (a lot of my friends took) is A LOT of more essay style writing whereas geography is a mix of multiple choice, shorter answers and extended answers.

Both subjects have A LOT of content to learn so you gotta be prepared for learning loads of facts, figures and case studies in geography, or dates, years and facts etc for history.

Neither is going to be easier than the other, and don't let your friends influence your choices. After all, it's your choice. What can YOU see YOURSELF doing for two years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads