The Student Room Group

Am I smart enough

Hi, I am wanting to be a lawyer when I’m older but I don’t think I will be smart enough to be one. I am dedicated to work hard and my life dream is to be a lawyer I want to go to Leeds university but I’m bottom set and bottom of the bottom and I don’t get good grades normally C’s and maybe a D in maths but I work really hard. I’m in year 9 and haven’t picked my GCSE’s so I still have time. Do you honestly think I could be a lawyer? Someone please answer me
Reply 1
Original post by Scarlett12.1
Hi, I am wanting to be a lawyer when I’m older but I don’t think I will be smart enough to be one. I am dedicated to work hard and my life dream is to be a lawyer I want to go to Leeds university but I’m bottom set and bottom of the bottom and I don’t get good grades normally C’s and maybe a D in maths but I work really hard. I’m in year 9 and haven’t picked my GCSE’s so I still have time. Do you honestly think I could be a lawyer? Someone please answer me

With effective revision methods and a decent level of time management (nothing crazy needed arguably until A-level or beyond), it is not a question of whether you can become a lawyer, rather, it is a question of how you use your motivation to study effectively.
Please do not spend hours looking at a maths revision guide, instead attempt to solve the problems using what knowledge you have and then going over why you got the question wrong - not just looking at the solution and saying: "I get it now!". I was guilty of this.
You have recognised at a good time what you aim to achieve and there is 100% a solid chance you can achieve what you need to get to your goal of studying law.
C's and D's at this stage can be put up to A's and A*'s come Y11 with consistent study (no need to be extensive, simply *effective*). Have no doubts that it is achievable for there are many who have done so in a shorter time although I am not aware of your circumstances.

If you have any more specific q's (e.g. good study resources and 'techniques') then that would be fine too.
Reply 2
Original post by Scarlett12.1

With effective revision methods and a decent level of time management (nothing crazy needed arguably until A-level or beyond), it is not a question of whether you can become a lawyer, rather, it is a question of how you use your motivation to study effectively.

Please do not spend hours looking at a maths revision guide, instead attempt to solve the problems using what knowledge you have and then going over why you got the question wrong - not just looking at the solution and saying: "I get it now!". I was guilty of this.

You have recognised at a good time what you aim to achieve and there is 100% a solid chance you can achieve what you need to get to your goal of studying law.

C's and D's at this stage can be put up to A's and A*'s come Y11 with consistent study (no need to be extensive, simply *effective*). Have no doubts that it is achievable for there are many who have done so in a shorter time although I am not aware of your circumstances.

If you have any more specific q's (e.g. good study resources and 'techniques') then that would be fine too.

Quick Reply

Latest