The Student Room Group

TSA Essay

Hello TSR,

I'm intending to apply for PPE at Oxford this year. I've been preparing for Part I of the TSA and am just starting with Part II (the Essay) - primarily getting comfortable with the timings, etc.

Now, I'm quite curious about the scoring of the Essay. I think I've found what public information there is on the topic - I've read the criteria, which I'm not sure tell me very much in the abstract, and then I've looked at the distribution of the scores given out in previous years. But I'm an international student and have absolutely no connection to a University of Oxbridge-calibre, so to speak, so I don't really know what they're expecting at all. Judging by the fact that Part I of the test was harder than I'd expected, I presumed that their demands for the essay are higher than I would otherwise be inclined to think.

So I guess I'm just looking for tips. Do any of you out there know of any concrete examples of texts from the test, and their scoring, or of any way that I could have my own writing assessed for feedback? Ultimately it doesn't matter too much, of course - in the end it's just about turning up to the test and doing my best - but it could be nice to know whether I can be reasonably confident or ought to practice more.

I'd be thankful for any input.
Best Regards
eoeen
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending