The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE A and F New IB Requirements

When I was choosing my subjects around a year and a half ago HL Math was recommended but not required for A&F however they've now updated their requirements. Do you think admission officers will keep that in mind or should I just not apply.
For context: I'm a 7 in SL AA Math and 776 at HLs.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by foreverconfusedd
When I was choosing my subjects around a year and a half ago HL Math was recommended but not required for A&F however they've now updated their requirements. Do you think admission officers will keep that in mind or should I just not apply.

Wait so now A&F applicants need advanced mathematics? I only have Econ, maths and history A-level (home student)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by pugpuppy111
Wait so now A&F applicants need advanced mathematics? I only have Econ, maths and history A-level (home student)

As long as you have A level maths you're fine. My problem is I didn't take the A level equivalent because it wasn't required but now they've changed their IB specific requirements.

You'd need to contact LSE directly and see what their policy is following the change. They may have a grace period of a year or two afterwards but alternately they may be very strict from the point they made it a requirement.

I wouldn't just apply without checking, as potentially you could be wasting a choice.
Original post by Admit-One
You'd need to contact LSE directly and see what their policy is following the change. They may have a grace period of a year or two afterwards but alternately they may be very strict from the point they made it a requirement.

I wouldn't just apply without checking, as potentially you could be wasting a choice.

I'll do that! Thank you!
As long as you have A level maths you're fine. My problem is I didn't take the A level equivalent because it wasn't required but now they've changed their IB specific requirements.

Well I think because they changed their requirements after you chose your subjects they shouldn't hold that against you. These requirements may be aimed at 2022 applicants.

If you don't get a place I guess you could appeal on that basis
I'll do that! Thank you!

No problem. Feel free to post their reply in this thread as it may help others in the same position :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending