buzz12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently doing a GSK Industrial placement and interested in the graduate scheme. Does anyone know if I will have an advantage having done an industrial placement? Also, I am considering applying to a graduate scheme in a different area to my placement, and was wondering if this will put me at a disadvantage? You are only allowed to apply to one graduate role, so I want to make sure I have the best chance to get a role.
Tamako2410
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't see why it will put you at a disadvantage. Just make sure you explain your motivations during the interview
Sophie7699
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! I just did a placement at GSK in med chem!! Having done an IP year at GSK will definitely boost your chances! Network with people whilst your there in that area, send them an email and ask to meet for coffee on Skype for half an hour to ask about careers! Make sure you get on with your supervisor and they will put a good word in!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.76%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (643)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed