Physio personal statement for a human bio course?

Watch this thread
amyheran1
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have little chance of getting into some of my fav physio courses so instead im looking at taking human bio which has lower boundaries but of course i can only have one ps so would my physio one be okay???
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amyheran1)
I have little chance of getting into some of my fav physio courses so instead im looking at taking human bio which has lower boundaries but of course i can only have one ps so would my physio one be okay???
Physio is not like medicine where you have to have a 5th non-medicine choice. It would be unusual for them to receive a PS for physio. You have two main options:

1. Ask the unis if you can send them a separate PS (outside of UCAS)
2. Apply for all physio and wait to see if you hear back, then go through Extra if you have no offers (and probably send an additional PS)
amyheran1
Rep:
Human Bio and Physio (though one being science and the other healthcare) are somewhat similar, unlike med and physio, would your advice still apply here specifically? And thank you for the advice
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amyheran1)
Human Bio and Physio (though one being science and the other healthcare) are somewhat similar, unlike med and physio, would your advice still apply here specifically? And thank you for the advice
Physio is similar to medicine in that it is a vocational course. Human bio is an academic course. The issue is the difference in what you should include in the PS for those types of courses (vocational vs academic)
amyheran1
Rep:
(Original post by Interrobang)
Physio is similar to medicine in that it is a vocational course. Human bio is an academic course. The issue is the difference in what you should include in the PS for those types of courses (vocational vs academic)
Oohhhh i see, thank youuu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (124)
67.03%
No (39)
21.08%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.89%

Watched Threads