ANAKUTTY
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Looking for the UKAT cutoff ( minimum ) for 2020 admissions for Non UK/EU students.

Which are the universities offering pathways(part of the course out side UK) ?

Which are the low cost( fee) universities for Non UK/EU students ?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ANAKUTTY)
...Which are the low cost( fee) universities for Non UK/EU students ?
Depends on what you mean by "low".

You'll have to be prepared to pay at least £160,000 over the course of 5 years. For 6 year courses, add another (at least) £20,000 to that amount.

£163,000 is the cost price of delivering medical education - that's how much the UK government subsidises each local student to make it as an FY1 doctor.

Expensive courses will be £60,000+ per year, think Cambridge (because of college fees on top of this).

P.S. Many medical courses have higher cut off for international students, since competition is much more fierce for them compared to home students.
Last edited by ecolier; 11 months ago
ANAKUTTY
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Depends on what you mean by "low".

You'll have to be prepared to pay at least £160,000 over the course of 5 years. For 6 year courses, add another (at least) £20,000 to that amount.

£163,000 is the cost price of delivering medical education - that's how much the UK government subsidises each local student to make it as an FY1 doctor.

Expensive courses will be £60,000+ per year, think Cambridge (because of college fees on top of this).

P.S. Many medical courses have higher cut off for international students, since competition is much more fierce for them compared to home students.
That is great. Can anybody throw light on the current year (2020) cut of medical degree at least for the top universities.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
That is great. Can anybody throw light on the current year (2020) cut of medical degree at least for the top universities.
Well, you have missed the boat for starting in 2020.

You are applying to start in 2021, and even then you only have 3 days until the deadline.

All medical schools are "top". There are no "bottom" medical schools because they are all GMC accredited.

Rankings, "prestige" and Russell Group or not makes no difference. Your medical degree is the same wherever you go (for UK specialty training purposes).
Last edited by ecolier; 11 months ago
ANAKUTTY
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Well, you have missed the boat for starting in 2020.

You are applying to start in 2021, and even then you only have 3 days until the deadline.

All medical schools are "top". There are no "bottom" medical schools because they are all GMC accredited.

Rankings, "prestige" and Russell Group or not makes no difference. Your medical degree is the same wherever you go (for UK specialty training purposes).
Thanks, that is really quick.
I am trying to file application for 2021, but clueless about the university priorities to be kept.
How many options I can keep ? Is it 5 including one non medical course ?
How can I get an idea about grades/UCAT score cut off for the universities in 2020 ? it will help me to finalize my options.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thanks, that is really quick.
I am trying to file application for 2021, but clueless about the university priorities to be kept.
How many options I can keep ? Is it 5 including one non medical course ?
How can I get an idea about grades/UCAT score cut off for the universities in 2020 ? it will help me to finalize my options.
4 medical courses, 1 non-medical course.

Post (as a reply, not a new thread) in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6679038 but none of our experts are well rehearsed in international medical admissions and they are different to home students. So you may not get what you want to hear.

If you are wanting advice about med school applications, we need (as a minimum)
GCSEs and grade breakdown
A levels and predictions
UCAT and breakdown
SJT band
Brief mention of work experience
Any contextual or WP flags
The research you have done and any preferences

It also needs to be remembered that everyone advising here is doing so voluntarily and on top of other commitments, so manners and patience will receive a more favourable response!
ANAKUTTY
Rep:
?
The responses are really helpful, thanks lot. I have one more query

For medicine, is there any university there without UCAS?

If yes, how I can apply to such universities ?
ANAKUTTY
Rep:
?
The responses are really helpful, thanks lot. I have one more query

For medicine, is there any university there without UCAS?

If yes, how I can apply to such universities ?
is it advisable to keep foundation as fifth option in UCAS application for medicine ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (20)
7.69%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.62%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.69%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.62%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (71)
27.31%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.08%

Watched Threads