The Student Room Group

Year 11 work experince

I am a 15 year old looking to do work experience in a hospital ideally the maternal ward or working with neonatal nurse practitioners, but any experience will do. Who should i contact and is it even possible to get into a hospital with covid and being under 16??
Reply 1
Original post by Ruby...
I am a 15 year old looking to do work experience in a hospital ideally the maternal ward or working with neonatal nurse practitioners, but any experience will do. Who should i contact and is it even possible to get into a hospital with covid and being under 16??

Hi,
Unfortunately in "normal" times it is very difficult for under 16s to get medical work experience. If you try through your school some hospitals have links and provide annual work experience weeks. If that fails you may be able to directly contact a specific clinician/ ward and ask (maybe after the 2nd peak!)
I hope this helps, don't be disheartened if you don't get any. Keep trying- it's worth it wether you decide against a medical related career or not:smile:
It will be much harder than usual. You could try calling up or emailing them to see if there are any current vacancies at present available. Alternatively what about working in a care home? Talk to your parents or a careers expert for more specific advice and tips on the application process. Buff up your resume. Read some job descriptions and circle the key skills. Make a note of entry requirements. Ask at school, your current science teacher can help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending