The Student Room Group

Hard decision this?

Should I leave my halls to go home since the lectures is all online or stay in the halls. Bear that in mind, back home, the reception is terrible, connection is horrible and my family can be a bit on/off every time. However the halls, the halls are pretty much quiet on my end, no distractions, best connection I ever used so far and the city is much friendlier than London (I am from London so I know what it's like to live there with Extornate prices.
Original post by MohamedAdan
Should I leave my halls to go home since the lectures is all online or stay in the halls. Bear that in mind, back home, the reception is terrible, connection is horrible and my family can be a bit on/off every time. However the halls, the halls are pretty much quiet on my end, no distractions, best connection I ever used so far and the city is much friendlier than London (I am from London so I know what it's like to live there with Extornate prices.

Hey @MohamedAdan!

If I was in your situation I would stay living in halls at uni

Firstly you have said its a lot quieter in halls and you don't have any distractions in regards to your family - which means you can get your work done well :smile:
Also you mention your wifi /connection being poor at home - which won't be helpful for online teaching!

I guess it just depends if you think you will get lonely living in halls - if you won't then I would say stay there as you will more than likely have to pay even if you do decide to go back home

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey @MohamedAdan!

If I was in your situation I would stay living in halls at uni

Firstly you have said its a lot quieter in halls and you don't have any distractions in regards to your family - which means you can get your work done well :smile:
Also you mention your wifi /connection being poor at home - which won't be helpful for online teaching!

I guess it just depends if you think you will get lonely living in halls - if you won't then I would say stay there as you will more than likely have to pay even if you do decide to go back home

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep

I don’t think my WiFi is poor but it’s stable, and it is ok for texting and going to YouTube and browsing internet.
Original post by MohamedAdan

Sounds like you've already made your decision. Plus, if you leave halls, you'll still have to pay rent until you find a replacement tenant.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Sounds like you've already made your decision. Plus, if you leave halls, you'll still have to pay rent until you find a replacement tenant.

Yh that’s why I am suggesting to myself that I should stay in the halls cos I want to finish this year at least at some part of U.K, and then either continue somewhere else or stay in Liverpool.

Quick Reply

Latest