Banechann
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, so im kind of annoyed at this whole 47 lines and 4000 characters limit. Im well below, about 200 characters below the character limit. However I am 3 lines over the line limit due to the paragraph spacing. I literally cannot cut down on my personal statement any more than I already have. Would it be bad to remove the paragraph spacing? I don't want to annoy whoever is reading my statement.
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I removed paragraph spacing. I assume that's how UCAS intend it to be used.
Banechann
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theloniouss)
I removed paragraph spacing. I assume that's how UCAS intend it to be used.
Ahh okay, a lot of people have been telling me to cut down on it instead.
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I removed my spacing as well. The universities will be used to it i assume since a lot of people do it
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Banechann)
Ahh okay, a lot of people have been telling me to cut down on it instead.
You should definitely aim to put whole line spacing between the paragraphs. Sometimes it is only a small change that can make the difference - it depends on your line length at the end of the paragraph. It makes it A LOT easier for admissions tutors to read, and they will be reading dozens at a time
Banechann
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
You should definitely aim to put whole line spacing between the paragraphs. Sometimes it is only a small change that can make the difference - it depends on your line length at the end of the paragraph. It makes it A LOT easier for admissions tutors to read, and they will be reading dozens at a time
I see, I have cut down on so much already and literally only have what is necessary on there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise