Do I need to know car parts if taking theory test/practical test

Watch
vizakl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If so any good resources to recommend ?
and is it in depth and a lot or would it be just basic stuff like e.g. wipers, lights etc ?
henleykt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They do ‘show me’ or ‘tell me’ questions. ‘Tell me’ questions befor you start and ‘show me’ whilst driving.
There are specific questions they ask and they won’t ask them all. You can find the full list here

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...fety-questions
vizakl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by henleykt)
They do ‘show me’ or ‘tell me’ questions. ‘Tell me’ questions befor you start and ‘show me’ whilst driving.
There are specific questions they ask and they won’t ask them all. You can find the full list here

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...fety-questions
so it's just that list, they won't ask anything that it's not on there or will they ?
henleykt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vickkyyxx)
so it's just that list, they won't ask anything that it's not on there or will they ?
When I did my test my driving instructor told me they were the only things they can ask. So as far as I know that’s it.
Maybe check with your instructor in case it’s changed.
overalltea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You just need to know the bare essentials under the bonnet - engine coolant, windscreen wiper fluid, hydraulic brake fluid, and oil. You might get a show me/tell me question about them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (696)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (338)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.56%

Watched Threads