The Student Room Group

A Level examinations

Yesterday I sat for A Level Mathematics, the exam went really well. I just want to ask; At some point, I didn't have any more space to provide an answer so I asked the invigilator where can I write (I have used the extra space that the booklet provides) and she told me to answer on a blank page in the booklet , which does not have lines. Is there a possibility that my answer will not be considered?
Reply 1
That is not the correct advice but you should be fine - anything you write, anywhere, they will mark as long as they find it. Did you make it clear at the end of the answer in the right place that you had continued elsewhere?
Original post by Compost
That is not the correct advice but you should be fine - anything you write, anywhere, they will mark as long as they find it. Did you make it clear at the end of the answer in the right place that you had continued elsewhere?

On the blank page, I wrote the number of the problem and the part of it.
Reply 3
Original post by giannakarex
On the blank page, I wrote the number of the problem and the part of it.

That ought to be Ok - as long as they go looking but it sounds as though it wasn't on a recognised answer part of the paper. In future I'd make it clear at the end of the main section that you've continued elsewhere.

What exam board is this? If it's Edexcel you can get your marked script back for free when the results come out and check that it got marked.
Original post by Compost
That ought to be Ok - as long as they go looking but it sounds as though it wasn't on a recognised answer part of the paper. In future I'd make it clear at the end of the main section that you've continued elsewhere.

What exam board is this? If it's Edexcel you can get your marked script back for free when the results come out and check that it got marked.

It is CIE. Cambridge International Examination
Reply 5
Original post by giannakarex
It is CIE. Cambridge International Examination

I'm much less familiar with International qualifications - it may be they do have blank paper for additional answers. If you're worried I suggest you talk to your centre's exam officer.

Quick Reply

Latest