Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Economics1930)
Which other unis and courses have you applied for?
I've applied for straight econ everywhere else (Warwick, StA, Durham, Bristol). How about you?
Economics1930
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Straight Econ at: Cambridge (Fitz-interviewed), Durham, St. A. (offer) and Bath (offer).I really want the LSE offer but just worried about the weighing of the PS since mine has hardly got any Econ History in it. Whats the econ to econ history ratio like in your PS?And not to scare anyone (including myself) but I've seen one successful PS from someone; it is extremely tailored to the course, so much that she got rejected from Warwick and UCL but landed the LSE Econ and Econ History offer. I think she was predicted A*AA (not 100% sure) so I don't think being predicted 3/4 A* will be much of an advantage.
matattsrchat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Straight Econ at: Cambridge (Fitz-interviewed), Durham, St. A. (offer) and Bath (offer).I really want the LSE offer but just worried about the weighing of the PS since mine has hardly got any Econ History in it. Whats the econ to econ history ratio like in your PS?And not to scare anyone (including myself) but I've seen one successful PS from someone; it is extremely tailored to the course, so much that she got rejected from Warwick and UCL but landed the LSE Econ and Econ History offer. I think she was predicted A*AA (not 100% sure) so I don't think being predicted 3/4 A* will be much of an advantage.
my ps is well connected throughout and the ratio i think would be in mine like 40:60 atleast. you've gotten offers from some really good uni so congratulations and good luck for lse. if possible can you post that ps here and btw what were that person's gcse grades?
Economics1930
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by matattsrchat)
my ps is well connected throughout and the ratio i think would be in mine like 40:60 atleast. you've gotten offers from some really good uni so congratulations and good luck for lse. if possible can you post that ps here and btw what were that person's gcse grades?
40:60- so more Econ History in there?
Not sure about their GCSES but I won't be able to post their PS up without their permission- sorry.
matattsrchat
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
40:60- so more Econ History in there?
Not sure about their GCSES but I won't be able to post their PS up without their permission- sorry.
no 40 is the econ history. if by any chance that person allows you then please do post otherwise no problem.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
I have 4 main paragraphs (besides the introduction that is) in my personal statment of which 3 are econ and 1 is econ history. Though there's only one econ history paragraph, it is the largest of the 4. I'm hoping that'll be enough but we'll see...
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
any offers given for our course yet??
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
any offers given for our course yet??
Nah LSE don't give out offers until after the UCAS deadline has passed (which has now been shifted to Jan 29th due to covid)
matattsrchat
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
guys please post all offer/rejections here please guys
ak the lycan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
which coarse are available for account students
username3173100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by galaxyfan)
hi guys I just wanted to ask if this proportion of econ to econ history is okay in my personal statement:
theres the rough structure:
- intro
- MAIN PARA 1 econ history paragraph
- MAIN PARA 2 econ paragraph
- short work experience para (maths in investment banking)
- extra curricular/ ending paragraph

the econ history para and economics paragraph are well linked

what do u guys think?
That seems ok to me tbh but obviously I don't know for sure what the appropriate amount they're looking for is
PranPlays35
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What are the grade requirements? I am planning to apply but my predicted grades are AAA, and my GCSE grades weren't that good (98877776665)

But in my personal statement I did a lot of Economic history (such as Inequality, etc.)

Is this course competitive?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by PranPlays35)
What are the grade requirements? I am planning to apply but my predicted grades are AAA, and my GCSE grades weren't that good (98877776665)

But in my personal statement I did a lot of Economic history (such as Inequality, etc.)

Is this course competitive?
It's got a roughly 12% offer rate so it's very competitive. But as long as you meet the grades (which you do) the main thing is your PS. If they're happy with that you've got a good chance.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them, and who joins them. Some of you are under 18.

Please do not ask for them, or advertise them in the forum. This thread is made for your discussion.
Fredrick111111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Got an offer 19th May!
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fredrick111111)
Got an offer 19th May!
are u joking? (
its been a long wait can we not joke anymore, this department is taking their timeeeeeeeee
matattsrchat
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
any updates?
Asdfguy123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fredrick111111)
Got an offer 19th May!
Did you mean 19th March or is this a joke?
Asdfguy123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by matattsrchat)
any updates?
Ik a couple of people have had rejections but I've not seen any offers
Fredrick111111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah promise, 19th March sorry!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.83%
Uncertainty around my education (413)
14.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (316)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (395)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (171)
6.07%
Loneliness (245)
8.7%
Financial worries (101)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
4.65%
Lack of real life entertainment (152)
5.4%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (248)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (268)
9.52%

Watched Threads