username5440036
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone. I need assistance with my assignment for Unit 5 in Health and Social Care. It would be helpful if you could perhaps do it for me then post it on here. This would be very helpful X.
This is the task:
Case studies
Unit 5: Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
Care Study 1: Valerie B. aged 24 years
Valerie B. was admitted to the community hospital, following surgery for her appendix which burst before she could reach hospital.
Valerie has mental health problems which began when her parents died when she was six years old. Valerie’s surgery was complicated due to her being obese. She has low self-esteem and cannot see why she needs to lose weight or change her lifestyle.
Valerie lives in flat provided by a housing association, but has been bullied by local teenagers because of her obesity.
Valerie’s surgical wound is healing, but she does not want to go home because she is afraid that the bullying will start again. She is unemployed and receives Universal benefit.
Valerie has a hearing impairment but has never been assessed for any support to improve her hearing. Valerie is a vegetarian.

Case study 2: Tremayne M. aged 54 years
Tremayne M has autism. He was admitted to the community hospital after being transferred from a larger hospital in the city. Tremayne had fallen and broken his left leg in three places.
Tremayne lives independently and has a team of carers who support him but do not live with him. He was transferred to the community hospital because he has continually tried to remove his cast and the staff felt that he was not ready to go home.
Tremayne has a wheat allergy, but does not understand why he keeps feeling ill. He tends to live on pizza and sandwiches bought from the local shop.
Tremayne is quite disruptive and is subject to outbursts of temper, which cause other users of the service to become distressed.

Case study 3: Aisha H. aged 82 years
Aisha M. was admitted to the community hospital, to recover from a bout of pneumonia. Aisha has vascular dementia, which is becoming more severe. Currently, Aisha lives alone, having been single for all of her life so far. She has no family. Aisha is a practising Buddhist.
The neighbour who visits Aisha, said that Aisha often wanders around late at night in the garden, muttering to herself. The neighbour doesn’t think that Aisha is safe living at home, but has no one to look after her, as her siblings are now dead. The neighbour also said, that the flat was dirty and that Aisha didn’t appear to have any food in the cupboards or fridge.
Aisha has developed incontinence since being admitted to the community hospital and requires constant changing. Her vascular dementia is causing her to have delusions, where she appears to hear voices and can be heard speaking to her former friends who she no longer has contact with.

Case study 4: Billy G. aged 18 years
Billy is homeless and was admitted to the community hospital by a passing paramedic, when he had an asthma attack in the street. The city hospital did not have beds and so a place was found in the community hospital.
Billy left home following an argument with his mother’s partner, which resulted in a violent fight between Billy and the man. He has been living on the streets since this incident. The weather is cold and damp which contributed to the asthma attack.
Billy has a visual impairment and finds street living difficult. He cannot clearly read road signs or find his way around the city easily. Billy has complained about stomach pains since being admitted to hospital, which could be due to him living mainly on food from rubbish bins, thrown out by local restaurants.
Billy cannot go back home from hospital, because his mother has changed the locks and has refused to visit him.
Assignment:
Unit 5 Learning Aim A (Assignment 1 Task 1)
Examine principles, values and skills, which underpin meeting the care and support needs of individuals

Introduction: This assignment will examine principles, values and skills, which underpin meeting the care and support needs of individuals.

Main body:
P1: Explain the importance of promoting equality and diversity for individuals with different needs
Equality is fairness in status, rights and opportunities. Diversity is a range of differences amongst people such as, race, sexuality and social class.
It is important to promote equality, wherever possible, to ensure that those with particular needs feel comfortable in their environment. In the workplace, colleagues can discriminate others by disrespecting them due to their culture or religion. To overcome this issue, there should be policies put in place, so that such behaviours will not be tolerated.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO PROMOTE EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DIFFERENT NEEDS. LINK IT BACK TO 3 DIFFERENT CASE STUDIES
M1: Analyse the impact of preventing discrimination for individuals with different needs.
Explain the importance of preventing discrimination on the service user and the effect of the discrimination on the service user’s (STICK TO THE SAME 3 CASE STUDIES)
Define discrimination
Explain two short term effects of discrimination and 2 long term effects of discrimination on two individuals in the case studies. SELECT FROM THE LIST
e.g.
● Loss of confidence
● Depression
● Loss of self esteem
● Stress
● Feeling unable to work
● Injury and death
● Living in fear of others
● Mental trigger by stressed
● Losing a sense of who you are
● Withdrawal from social activities
● Impact on waiting time for different groups
● Reluctance to seek support and treatment
Explain at least three initiatives that aims to prevent discrimination in care:
● Access
● Diet
● Support
● The use of advocacy Services
● Include at ONE legislation per case study

D1: Evaluate the success of promoting anti-discriminatory practice for specific individual with different needs
Include the 3 theories of empathy and how they are applied when promoting anti discriminatory practice, demonstrating a clear understanding of how theory underpins practice in health and social care delivery

● Empathy theories e.g. Johannes Volkelt, Robert Vischer, Martin Hoffman and Max Scheler
● Explain each theories
● Now link it back to the same 3 case studies and demonstrate how the theories promotes non discriminatory practice
● Expand your work by including at least 3 CC’s per case study

P2: Explain the skills and personal attributes necessary for professionals who care for individuals with different needs.
Select the same 3 case studies (ensure you link it to skills and personal attributes) Skills and personal attributes required for developing relationship relationships with individuals (P2) select 3 for each case study
(Select three for each case study)
● People’s skills: Empathy, Patience, engendering trust, flexibility, sense of humour, negotiating, honesty, problem solving

● Communication skills: Tone of voice, active listening and responding, use of appropriate language

● Observation skills: observing changes in an individual’s condition, monitoring children’s development

● Dealing with difficult situations.

M2 Assess different methods professionals might use when building relationships and establishing trust with individuals with needs

● Attachment and emotional resilience theory to include the effect of secure attachment and support on emerging autonomy and resilience
● The triangle of care
● Link this to same 3 case studies
Visual_Learner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you need to do?
username5440036
Rep:
?
(Original post by Visual_Learner)
What do you need to do?
I need to complete the assignment using the case studies. Please help me? I've posted the task already. It is long.
Visual_Learner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay, for the first question you have to talk about the importance of equality and diversity for people who are disabled in the workplace. I would include a paragraph describing what the words mean and also provide information on how you will aim to do that. Make sure you only type it up in black, it is easier to read overall.

For part two of your assignment, I would probably research and then type up a paragraph focusing on why it is essential to prevent disability discrimination at work for disadvantaged people. Also it does needs to be in your own words, do not just simply copy anything online without permission. Use the same three case studies consistently throughout and be honest too. Supply a definition of what true disability discrimination is. Go into brief detail on the impact of disability discrimination on confidence etc as well and why it is actually a bad thing overall.

With regards to section three, you could talk about how anti discrimination practices and procedures have meant that vulnerable people are protected by law whilst at work. In this paragraph, I would explain what the 2010 equality act is and give information on how it is relevant to the case studies you have to focus on in addition. Research empathy theories and provide a summary of each one. Again link it back to the case studies. Use a textbook if you have one, it may help.

In the fourth paragraph, state simply what the care triangle is, and include a short explanation within the paragraph. Elaborate by selecting three required skills for this industry and explain why they are needed at work. Also describe vital attributes and qualities. Do not forget to mention the importance of staying calm and being level headed when dealing with issues at work. Explain the dangers of being too attached, refer to the attachment theory. For this final paragraph, define emotional resilience and discuss what it means on top of that. Demonstrate a sound awareness of how best practice can be guided by the theory that underpins decision making in the care industry.

I hope this is useful to you.
username5440036
Rep:
?
(Original post by Visual_Learner)
Okay, for the first question you have to talk about the importance of equality and diversity for people who are disabled in the workplace. I would include a paragraph describing what the words mean and also provide information on how you will aim to do that. Make sure you only type it up in black, it is easier to read overall.

For part two of your assignment, I would probably research and then type up a paragraph focusing on why it is essential to prevent disability discrimination at work for disadvantaged people. Also it does needs to be in your own words, do not just simply copy anything online without permission. Use the same three case studies consistently throughout and be honest too. Supply a definition of what true disability discrimination is. Go into brief detail on the impact of disability discrimination on confidence etc as well and why it is actually a bad thing overall.

With regards to section three, you could talk about how anti discrimination practices and procedures have meant that vulnerable people are protected by law whilst at work. In this paragraph, I would explain what the 2010 equality act is and give information on how it is relevant to the case studies you have to focus on in addition. Research empathy theories and provide a summary of each one. Again link it back to the case studies. Use a textbook if you have one, it may help.

In the fourth paragraph, state simply what the care triangle is, and include a short explanation within the paragraph. Elaborate by selecting three required skills for this industry and explain why they are needed at work. Also describe vital attributes and qualities. Do not forget to mention the importance of staying calm and being level headed when dealing with issues at work. Explain the dangers of being too attached, refer to the attachment theory. For this final paragraph, define emotional resilience and discuss what it means on top of that. Demonstrate a sound awareness of how best practice can be guided by the theory that underpins decision making in the care industry.

I hope this is useful to you.
Thanks but I am still struggling with the work. The assignment is due in a couple days an I have not done it yet. I WILL FAIL. My teachers are not helpful because we only have online lessons and cannot see the face to face. I cannot fail. I am so scared I need someone to do it for me pleaseee?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ORI20002755)
Thanks but I am still struggling with the work. The assignment is due in a couple days an I have not done it yet. I WILL FAIL. My teachers are not helpful because we only have online lessons and cannot see the face to face. I cannot fail. I am so scared I need someone to do it for me pleaseee?
So you have a couple days to get it done then.
No one is going to do Your work for you.
If you are struggling, talk to your teachers about an extension or extra help from them.
Visual_Learner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sorry I cannot do that. I'm going to advise you as a friend, be brave and face the issue head on.
KNOW-IT-(..)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has your assignment been answered?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed