Teacher Training applications open today...what you need to know

Watch
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello Aspiring Teachers

UCAS and the DfE Apply applications for post graduate teacher training courses open today. (13th Oct 2021) You have three choices on both platforms, and ALL providers maybe applied to via UCAS, whereas some will be available through 'DfE Apply'. If all of your choices are accepting applications through 'DfE Apply' then feel free to use that, otherwise default to UCAS as the form structure does differ.

Choosing your Teacher Training course provider is akin to choosing new shoes. Whatever you choose needs to be just the right fit in term of comfort and support, but also in term of style. Will your provider be able to deliver the type of experiences you’d like/need to be able to progress your teaching career in the way you’d like?

All courses will be listed here - https://www.gov.uk/find-postgraduate...aining-courses

Before you think of applying, do a LOT of research into the teacher training courses. Contact them and ask the following –

Does the course offer a PGCE in addition to QTS? If so, what are the assignments and deadlines for them?

When does the course start and finish?

Who would be my mentor during my course? How often will they be available to me? How experienced are they?

How long am I on each teaching practice and where are they likely to be?

What opportunities will there to be to work with children with Special Educational Needs or Disability, English as an Additional Language or those who are Gifted and Talented?

What opportunities will there be to participate in extra-curricular activities?

Will you be required to attend a University setting, if so, how often and when?

How many other students will be on the course?

What will the expectations for meetings/INSET be?

If you would like the support of a fully qualified teacher who is expert in the application process for a teacher training course, from helping you develop relevant skills for the classroom, to choose the best provider for you, and submit the strongest application and preform well at interview, register here.All the best in your application and feel free to ask any questions you have! Jane
Shewa Olawale
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Get into Teaching)
Hello Aspiring Teachers

UCAS and the DfE Apply applications for post graduate teacher training courses open today. (13th Oct 2021) You have three choices on both platforms, and ALL providers maybe applied to via UCAS, whereas some will be available through 'DfE Apply'. If all of your choices are accepting applications through 'DfE Apply' then feel free to use that, otherwise default to UCAS as the form structure does differ.

Choosing your Teacher Training course provider is akin to choosing new shoes. Whatever you choose needs to be just the right fit in term of comfort and support, but also in term of style. Will your provider be able to deliver the type of experiences you’d like/need to be able to progress your teaching career in the way you’d like?

All courses will be listed here - https://www.gov.uk/find-postgraduate...aining-courses

Before you think of applying, do a LOT of research into the teacher training courses. Contact them and ask the following –

Does the course offer a PGCE in addition to QTS? If so, what are the assignments and deadlines for them?

When does the course start and finish?

Who would be my mentor during my course? How often will they be available to me? How experienced are they?

How long am I on each teaching practice and where are they likely to be?

What opportunities will there to be to work with children with Special Educational Needs or Disability, English as an Additional Language or those who are Gifted and Talented?

What opportunities will there be to participate in extra-curricular activities?

Will you be required to attend a University setting, if so, how often and when?

How many other students will be on the course?

What will the expectations for meetings/INSET be?

If you would like the support of a fully qualified teacher who is expert in the application process for a teacher training course, from helping you develop relevant skills for the classroom, to choose the best provider for you, and submit the strongest application and preform well at interview, register here.All the best in your application and feel free to ask any questions you have! Jane
Hi there
Thank you for this. Could you please clarify something for me? Having 3 choices on both platforms, does that mean we can apply to a total of 6 training providers?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%