The Student Room Group

Bee's Blog

Every year I write down my goals and as months pass by, I procrastinate and procrainste and procrastinate and never really do much. I suppose part of the reason why I never really begin working on these projects is because I put so much pressure on myself to achieve perfection that I am too overwhelmed to act, when really it's about working with imperfection as much as you can and making things less imperfect the more you work on them and seeing that as progress. Or at least that is how I see it. I am creating this space for myself to come back to during the summer and seeing how much of what I wanted I actually bravely pursued. I suppose this is my way of ensuring that I don't forget what I really want to work towards. In the past, I have not reacted very well to external pressure so I will be sharing my goals in a way so that only I know what they mean. It will be very frustrating to follow this blog as I will come up with ridiculous project names for them (hahaha) and so I don't recommend it but if you do follow it, you can expect random posts and emotional outbursts as well as vague posts about my goals.

Goals:

Spoiler

Finally, I promise to make as little sense as possible. I just hope you don't accuse me of trolling.

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reserved.
The first thing you should do is plan the blog, then conjure up its title. Right now, the title isn't a necessity. I'm sure that something will come to you at the right time. Good luck! πŸ˜‰
Original post by Anonymous
The first thing you should do is plan the blog, then conjure up its title. Right now, the title isn't a necessity. I'm sure that something will come to you at the right time. Good luck! πŸ˜‰

Lmaoo, and I just want to make it clear that that anon isn’t me, despite it using the word β€œconjure”.
So excited for this!! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Lmaoo, and I just want to make it clear that that anon isn’t me, despite it using the word β€œconjure”.

The word doesn't belong to you, anyone is free to use it at anytime. All I was making a point of is that a title isn't important during the early stages.
First of all, I need to get organised and then I will make my first post. I thought I'd post the thread once I had it written but it doesn't really make a massive difference. I will just let this blog be a chaotic mess because otherwise I would get obsessed with wanting it to be perfect and this is just my space on the internet for sharing my thoughts and goals so it really isn't that serious. Also, I really just- I feel quite annoyed right now because I have just been thinking about how much I let other people get to me. I wish I wasn't so perceptive and didn't see people's true feelings, what they really think. I definitely need to work on not absorbing others' energy. I have been researching into this and I came across a few 'psychological tricks' but I haven't really employed them yet. Anyways, this year is for me to really and truly focus on myself and remember that I am the one I need to learn to trust and therefore I am hoping I learn to care less about whether someone else believes in me or trusts me to do well/considers me capable enough. All of it. I no longer want to care. I set my standards and I want to be the judge of how well I am doing. Thinking too much about what others will think of you/your choices is distracting and a waste of your energy.
(edited 3 years ago)
You need to loosen up a little, brosis. No one said that word belonged to anyone πŸ˜‚
Original post by Anonymous

Very true! Thank you : )

You need to loosen up a little, brosis. No one said that word belonged to anyone πŸ˜‚

And I oop-

I thought it was you at first because of the word but then I remembered how much you hate deselecting anonymous πŸ˜‚ And thank you! : )
Original post by Brutal Bee
I thought it was you at first because of the word but then I remembered how much you hate deselecting anonymous πŸ˜‚ And thank you! : )

See anon, even Bee thought it, so :u:

And no problemo!

Its probaby that anon from the Celtic Conjurer thread
Original post by sunny.side.up

Maybe, but why that thread though?!

Hahahahahah which one do you refer to? *pretends to be merely curious and not guilty at all*

Also PRSOM Celt (still can't rep you, RIP)
Subbing!!! :excited:
Hahahahahah which one do you refer to? *pretends to be merely curious and not guilty at all*

Also PRSOM Celt (still can't rep you, RIP)

This: Celtic Conjurer

Spoiler

This: Celtic Conjurer

Spoiler

No, I was talking about the anonymous posts on his blog. Haha I didn't make that thread. Seriously. :toofunny:
First of all, I need to get organised and then I will make my first post. I thought I'd post the thread once I had it written but it doesn't really make a massive difference. I will just let this blog be a chaotic mess because otherwise I would get obsessed with wanting it to be perfect and this is just my space on the internet for sharing my thoughts and goals so it really isn't that serious. Also, I really just- I feel quite annoyed right now because I have just been thinking about how much I let other people get to me. I wish I wasn't so perceptive and didn't see people's true feelings, what they really think. I definitely need to work on not absorbing others' energy. I have been researching into this and I came across a few 'psychological tricks' but I haven't really employed them yet. Anyways, this year is for me to really and truly focus on myself and remember that I am the one I need to learn to trust and therefore I am hoping I learn to care less about whether someone else believes in me or trusts me to do well/considers me capable enough. All of it. I no longer want to care. I set my standards and I want to be the judge of how well I am doing. Thinking too much about what others will think of you/your choices is distracting and a waste of your energy.

This, this, this and this some more!! Preach it hard and preach it big!!
No, I was talking about the anonymous posts on his blog. Haha I didn't make that thread. Seriously. :toofunny:

Ohh, well this anon is trying to play it off like their you
Ohh, well this anon is trying to play it off like their you

Were they really? How odd. Hmm. There is only one bee in the blog community and that's moi. Please and thank you. No replicates allowed.

This, this, this and this some more!! Preach it hard and preach it big!!

I genuinely think I am going to have a breakdown because you are always on that ugly word that starts with P and ends with M.

Spoiler

Latest