The Student Room Group

OXFORD

I got predicted aab can i still apply
I mean, there's nothing to stop you applying but you almost certainly won't get invited to interview :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I mean, there's nothing to stop you applying but you almost certainly won't get invited to interview :frown:

seriously no interview even though i'm a grade out
Original post by Noah the Loner

I am being serious, yes. What subject are you thinking of? Have you looked at the LMH foundation year course? That might be a better avenue to pursue, if they offer your subject...
I am being serious, yes. What subject are you thinking of? Have you looked at the LMH foundation year course? That might be a better avenue to pursue, if they offer your subject...

I want to do Theology, so is it not worth to apply then
I want to do Theology, so is it not worth to apply then

Assuming you're serious then no, it's not worth applying this cycle with those predicted grades. You could always apply next year with achieved grades if you get AAA or above :smile:
Assuming you're serious then no, it's not worth applying this cycle with those predicted grades. You could always apply next year with achieved grades if you get AAA or above :smile:

Lol I am being serious, it seems harsh since I've had 6 months off and I had to do mock exams first day back
I think you might as well give it a go! Worth trying :smile:
I got predicted aab can i still apply

In theory you can apply, it would likely be a rejection tho.
From Oxford students ive known they not only are predicted the minimum grades but often far surpass them.
Original post by ArtmisKco
I think you might as well give it a go! Worth trying :smile:

Thank you appreciate it
I've never heard of anyone predicted below the grade requirements get an offer, excluding mitigating circumstances. I do know of someone who got an interview below the requirements - but that was with achieved A-level grades which may be treated differently.

You might as well put it down on UCAS (most people don't actually need 5 choices) but a rejection would unfortunately be likely.

One grade off the offer. More than that below the average applicant though, and predicted grades are normally a decent amount above what the student actually gets, on average.

I'm not quite as negative as the above you can apply if you want. Just have a plan as to what you will do of you get rejected though.
The thing with Oxford is its probably the most selective uni in the country.

The minimum entry requirements are just that a minimum & Oxford students tend to have a stellar resume.
Its not unusual for Oxford to hard filter on both GCSEs & A-levels pre-interview. What are your GCSEs like?

The reality is with an AAB prediction you are likely going to be right at the bottom of the applicant pool (A-level prediction wise). Now looking on Oxfords website this course is actually one of the easier courses to get onto (about 1/3 get an offer)

I had a quick look on theuniguide. The average achieved A-levels for this course is A*A*A.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending