Uni Students, plz answer this honestly ...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How many confirmed cases of COVID19 at your uni would it take before YOU refuse to go on campus, to your lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials, etc.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ngl, I'm not sure.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gtty123)
Ngl, I'm not sure.
there has been 80 confirmed cases at my uni and im still going in, however, as someone who is diabetic, severely asthmatic, and a weakened immune system (im a commuting student), i dont really feel safe anymore with that many confirmed cases. was wondering wht number of confirmed cases at ur uni it would take until you'd refuse to go on campus and attend uni
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My uni has hundreds of cases and I’m still fairly happy going in (although they’ve actually paused face to face for a couple of weeks). The classes are all socially distanced small groups with masks, and I feel they’re fairly low risk.

The people who are shouting the most in group chats about how dangerous in person classes are, seem to be the people who were posting party pictures on social media in freshers week and plan to ignore local lockdown rules :rolleyes:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Desideri)
My uni has hundreds of cases and I’m still fairly happy going in (although they’ve actually paused face to face for a couple of weeks). The classes are all socially distanced small groups with masks, and I feel they’re fairly low risk.

The people who are shouting the most in group chats about how dangerous in person classes are, seem to be the people who were posting party pictures on social media in freshers week and plan to ignore local lockdown rules :rolleyes:
wht hypocrites!:mad2:
Anonymous #1

if you were in my situation, would you still be happy going in, see the my anon comment above yours which explains everything
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
there has been 80 confirmed cases at my uni and im still going in, however, as someone who is diabetic, severely asthmatic, and a weakened immune system (im a commuting student), i dont really feel safe anymore with that many confirmed cases. was wondering wht number of confirmed cases at ur uni it would take until you'd refuse to go on campus and attend uni
****, mine too. With your vulnerabilities, I would stay well away. You should call student support about this.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
****, mine too. With your vulnerabilities, I would stay well away. You should call student support about this.
ok, thx u, i didn't know if i was over-reacting?
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
well i’m back home now soooo however many there is now i guess. i dont even know lol. went home because of the amount in my accommodation
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ok, thx u, i didn't know if i was over-reacting?
No, because you catching COVID would not just be you getting sick it could be life or death, and some university lectures and seminar events that could and are being done online are not worth risking your life for. It is far too precious to gamble with.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
No, because you catching COVID would not just be you getting sick it could be life or death, and some university lectures and seminar events that could and are being done online are not worth risking your life for. It is far too precious to gamble with.
ok, thx u so much for your support xx
IVLIVSCAESAR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've developed some of the symptoms today 🙃
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IVLIVSCAESAR)
I've developed some of the symptoms today 🙃
:cry2: wht symptoms, also have u booked a test?
MajorFader
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MadameRazz)
well i’m back home now soooo however many there is now i guess. i dont even know lol. went home because of the amount in my accommodation
Where were you at? What happens to your rent?
IVLIVSCAESAR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:cry2: wht symptoms, also have u booked a test?
A bit of a cough, slightly dry throat and a bit of a fever/weakness. On the other hand; it seems to not be affecting me very badly compared to some common colds. I've not yet booked a test; I'm away from where I live atm cause I've been on a training course for work
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you were in my situation, would you still be happy going in, see the my anon comment above yours which explains everything
I don’t know how your conditions affect you so I don’t really want to answer.

FWIW I also have a chronic illness and take steroids so my immune system’s not great, but I’ve kind of developed an attitude of “I just want to live my life while I can”. Like sometimes I can’t go to class or see friends because I’m in hospital or too ill, so I try to make the most out of the times when I can do things, even if that’s a bit risky.
Anonymous #1
I don’t know how your conditions affect you so I don’t really want to answer.

FWIW I also have a chronic illness and take steroids so my immune system’s not great, but I’ve kind of developed an attitude of “I just want to live my life while I can”. Like sometimes I can’t go to class or see friends because I’m in hospital or too ill, so I try to make the most out of the times when I can do things, even if that’s a bit risky.
aww, gal, i feel you, the missed out opportunities with friends becos of hospital is deffo something i can relate to. i take steroids too xx
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d go in regardless of case numbers.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I’d go in regardless of case numbers.
thx for your honesty xx
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd still go in unless my flat needs to isolate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (677)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads