Dhanu N
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hi guys, im taking combined science exam in November and there is 24 chapters all together in science. can anyone advice me how can I revise all these chapter in few days.
Lol83
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You cannot revise all topics fully within a few days. It just isn't possible. You can skim through it and revise more on topics that you don't know, but it won't be possible to learn it all in a few days. Try revision textbooks such as CGP or use revision websites such as Bitesize.
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
This is a list.

Read your science notes and the recommended textbook carefully. Circle or highlight all the key facts in blue for example. Make full use of a set of flashcards. Practice answering questions using some cheap flashcards and also jot down the correct definitions on them as well.

Ask a friend or relative to test you on a few different key science facts and important words every week. Pay careful attention to the wording of the question and also note mentally how many marks are needed. Focus more on what makes a good clever response. In class listen actively to whatever the teacher is talking about in class time instead of daydreaming.

Prepare well. If you are a visual learner, doodle and use lots of visual aids. Watch videos online and present your results and findings in a chart or graph. Also turn any written notes into picture form so you can remember that information. Or make a series of realistic drawings.
Rather than reading detailed notes which is boring try instead to have good quality pictures etc to look at for revision purposes. Do not forget about mind maps on top of that and avoid cluttering up your workspace. Write out the questions. Try the visualisation technique for optimal results. Sketch buildings and faces.

If you are a auditory learner, try having discussions about science. You can even buy a tape recorder on Amazon to use for your solo revision sessions in addition. Create a memorable song or make up a fun science rap. Work in pairs. Recite dry boring old science facts out loud and present your science homework orally. Use your phone as a recorder or sing the information to yourself when at home revising. Talk to yourself often. Make it fun for you and play to your strengths. You can do this.

Hands on people should use a exercise mat or ball. Try learning information whilst moving on a treadmill or around the home. Bounce repeatedly on a ball whilst making notes or reading information or watching a science type documentary. Or think about facts when driving somewhere to buy milk etc. When walking outside the home, look at your notes then trace them physically using your fingers or hands. Take summary notes and then find a clever creative way to remember them using your body parts to help aid recall. Chew on gum. Whilst carrying things for other people, mentally go over facts that you will definitely need for the science exam. At the gym, remember important science processes and key events in science either one. Touch your pet cat or foot whilst working at your desk if that helps you remember things.
Copper tellurium
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Quick do some past papers, like some paper 2, where the question are the hardest
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
39.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (12)
52.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed