The Student Room Group

Weird thing happened in among us game

Basically, I was playing among us. And once there was an emergency meeting and once a death reported. Both times the voting skipped itself in seconds. Then there was another emergency meeting where a yellow character started spamming the chat w “I am the imposter, vote me out” I was about to respond but all of a sudden my character also started spamming the chat w the same thing out of nowhere. I quickly left the game and installed a software update on my iPhone (to get rid of any strange bugs). What do u guys think happened, and should I be concerned?
Reply 1
Sounds like you've been HACKED, I think someone accessed your iPhone chips, they can probably see all your personal details like your pictures as well. I would phone the authorities immediately!
Original post by mma_jd
Sounds like you've been HACKED, I think someone accessed your iPhone chips, they can probably see all your personal details like your pictures as well. I would phone the authorities immediately!

Hi thank you for your help. I just finished a chat with Apple support and they said that it’s most likely just an online troll doing it to scare the ppl playing the game. They recommended changing my passwords at least and maybe doing a factory reset if I’m rlly concerned
Original post by Thanoswashere
Hi thank you for your help. I just finished a chat with Apple support and they said that it’s most likely just an online troll doing it to scare the ppl playing the game. They recommended changing my passwords at least and maybe doing a factory reset if I’m rlly concerned

Original post by mma_jd

Hi just another update on my situation, I told my friend about this and she said not to worry because the same thing happened to her sister and it’s just something ppl can do in the game apparently
This is normal for PC games (and games that crossplay on PC). You've just discovered hacking. No big deal, no need to contact any support. Just report them if there's a report feature, ban them if you're admin, and in Among Us specifically just try to call a meeting to get them kicked or at least voted out.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest