SASF1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
@SFE
I’ve just started year 2 but it is not going as planned, so hope to transfer to another Uni- in contact with a new Uni re a direct transfer to year 2, or a re start at year 1 for a new course. My fees payment is 21/10 On SFE and the clearing deadline if I need to apply this way is 19/10. What will happen to my student finance if I transfer to year 2, or if a restart a new course via clearing ??
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SASF1)
@SFE
I’ve just started year 2 but it is not going as planned, so hope to transfer to another Uni- in contact with a new Uni re a direct transfer to year 2, or a re start at year 1 for a new course. My fees payment is 21/10 On SFE and the clearing deadline if I need to apply this way is 19/10. What will happen to my student finance if I transfer to year 2, or if a restart a new course via clearing ??
Hi, as you will have 2 years of study. You would have to self fund the first year of your new course if you start from year 1 unless you have Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
If you start from year 2 then you should be funded.
Thanks, Isaac
SASF1
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, as you will have 2 years of study. You would have to self fund the first year of your new course if you start from year 1 unless you have Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
If you start from year 2 then you should be funded.
Thanks, Isaac
Ok thanks. Have an appt with the new uni on Friday. What is the quickest way to contact student finance ? My payments to uni is scheduled for 22/10
SASF1
Rep:
?
@SFE thanks Isaac. Interview went well today . I will be able to transfer to year 2 of the course at a new uni. I can add the info to the online change form but Is there a better way to progress. I don’t want to have to pay for 2 term 1 s at different unis. Thanks
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SASF1)
Ok thanks. Have an appt with the new uni on Friday. What is the quickest way to contact student finance ? My payments to uni is scheduled for 22/10
We can be contacted via calling 0300 100 0607 or messaging us on Facebook/Twitter.
(Original post by SASF1)
@SFE thanks Isaac. Interview went well today . I will be able to transfer to year 2 of the course at a new uni. I can add the info to the online change form but Is there a better way to progress. I don’t want to have to pay for 2 term 1 s at different unis. Thanks
Glad it went well - you should ask your new university to contact us to transfer your application over to them.
Thanks, Isaac
SASF1
Rep:
?
SFE Isaac thanks . I’ve not confirmed with the new Uni as am not 100% sure.

Is there a deadline for me to swap? I don’t have to pay term 2 twice ?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SASF1)
SFE Isaac thanks . I’ve not confirmed with the new Uni as am not 100% sure.

Is there a deadline for me to swap? I don’t have to pay term 2 twice ?
It depends if the first university request fees.
Thanks, Isaac
SASF1
Rep:
?
SFE Isaac
Ok thanks. If needed then could I get funding for both unis for term 1?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SASF1)
SFE Isaac
Ok thanks. If needed then could I get funding for both unis for term 1?
No, that isn't possible

Tuition fees are paid in 3 instalments during the academic year and will be paid at 25%, 25% and 50%.

Please see below details of each liability points;

During 1st Term - Student will be liable for 25% of total tuition fee costs
During 2nd Term -Student will be liable for 50% of total tuition fee costs
During 3rd Term - Student will be liable for 100% of total tuition fee costs

Please see below for our internal guidance that includes an example:
Where a student attends the original university, even if the original university charge zero fees, the new university will only be able to charge the % for the remaining liabilities. For example: A student attends HEP A in T1 and then transfers to T1 at HEP B. HEP A do not charge fees. HEP B cant charge for T1, they can only charge for T2 and T3,

Examples
If the student transfers during Term 1 - the original university/college will receive 25%. The remaining 75% will be paid to the new university/college

If the student transfers during Term 2 - the original university/college will receive 2 x 25%. The remaining 50% will be paid to new university/college
If the student transfers during Term 3 - the new university/college cannot charge the student fees. Full payment will go to original university/college

Internal transfers - the university normally do internal transfers without the requirement of a change of circumstances, therefore doesn't affect the tuition fees.

Thanks, Isaac
SASF1
Rep:
?
SFE Isaac
Ah, get it thanks. So I could then take another week to confirm with the new uni as am not 100% sure as it won’t make that much difference
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SASF1)
SFE Isaac
Ah, get it thanks. So I could then take another week to confirm with the new uni as am not 100% sure as it won’t make that much difference
Yes but both universities can't receive term 1 fees.
Thanks, Isaac
SASF1
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Yes but both universities can't receive term 1 fees.
Thanks, Isaac
SFE Isaac thanks for all your help !
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SASF1)
SFE Isaac thanks for all your help !
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
34.03%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (649)
41.05%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (321)
20.3%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.62%

Watched Threads