Catered / Self-Catered?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
woox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
definatly go catered...its soooo much more social! you get to meet way more people and catered halls in general seem to have a much better social side with more hall activities etc. you can learn how to cook in the 2nd year when you move out, and you'll still have a kitchen in catered so if the meal sounds really bad or u miss it you can cook for yourself!
i found it worked out as being cheaper catered than my friends who were in flats but i guess thats cos i ate hall meals practically all the time, but to be honest its just for a year and may be worth the extra cost and having less great food for the extra fun you can have!
eurasianfeline
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
thx so much for the advice!!

think i'll go for self-catered flats.

does anyone have any advice on which flats to put down on the form??
marychrist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm going for self catered because my boyfriend will live all of 20 minutes away and he / his parents will most likely invite me round for meals a lot and when I'm not at his, I'm keen to get used to doing things for myself. also, I'm incredibly fussy, more so than anyone I've ever met.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by marychrist)
I'm going for self catered because my boyfriend will live all of 20 minutes away and he / his parents will most likely invite me round for meals a lot and when I'm not at his, I'm keen to get used to doing things for myself. also, I'm incredibly fussy, more so than anyone I've ever met.
LOL me too about being fussy, nice to know I'm not the only one! Definitely be self-catered for me, or I think I might starve :p:
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I say go with catered... my uni you pay for meals as you go but you are heavily encouraged to eat in the canteen. most people in effect use it as "catered" and never cook for themselves.

much cheaper (if you know what you're doing..), often healthier, almost always tastier, you're not tied down to certain times.. and when you move out, you have an idea of how to cope with cooking for yourself, having learnt while you have the "safety net" of the canteen if you totally destroy your meal or forget to go shopping..
Eagon
Report 14 years ago
surely you mean go self catered?
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
arg, yes, that was what i meant.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads