Gracetoameh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi. I have started college a few weeks ago and I'm currently doing Geography, Biology, and sociology.
I'm thinking about dropping geography because the first (and maybe the second too) topic is physical geography and has some physics in it (like waves). And I really hate physics.
I only chose geography because I enjoyed the human geography (50% of the course) and I didn't mind the water/carbon topics too.

I'm thinking of taking business a level or psychology a level or just keep doing geography ughh.

What do you guys think? Do you need to be really good in English to do psychology? and really good in maths to do business?
What's your experience in geography/business/psychology a level?

I'm really sorry I talked too much :/
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Gracetoameh)
Hi. I have started college a few weeks ago and I'm currently doing Geography, Biology, and sociology.
I'm thinking about dropping geography because the first (and maybe the second too) topic is physical geography and has some physics in it (like waves). And I really hate physics.
I only chose geography because I enjoyed the human geography (50% of the course) and I didn't mind the water/carbon topics too.

I'm thinking of taking business a level or psychology a level or just keep doing geography ughh.

What do you guys think? Do you need to be really good in English to do psychology? and really good in maths to do business?
What's your experience in geography/business/psychology a level?

I'm really sorry I talked too much :/
Hey!

When I studied A-Levels I seemed to have the same problem, I enjoyed Geography at GCSE but not at A-Level. In the end I studied Psychology, English Language and Philosophy & Ethics.

One thing I would say is that Psychology is a bit of a combination of English, Maths and Science, however I wouldn't say you need to be an expert in either - most of the time Psychology is studied for the first time at A-Level. The Maths side is usually for statistics and probability, which when you learn the equations is essentially just inputting numbers. English is beneficial for essay writing, but its also important that you know how to structure your work properly.

My advice would maybe be to speak to a Psychology tutor at your college and to see what they think, they might be able to point you in the direction of some helpful resources. One thing that helped me when studying Psychology was getting tutored by a University student, so it might be worth seeing if their are local schemes like that available.

Hope this helps a little bit!

Good luck,

Mia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.56%
England (143)
34.88%
Belgium (31)
7.56%
Germany (41)
10%
Spain (9)
2.2%