The Student Room Group

Driving wrong side of road in car park

Hi i was following road markings out a car park that was a little confusing to navigate. and got confused as to what lane i was in as i was just coming out of a one way system to a double lane with road markings missing. i just studiedly assumed it was still the one way and i was exciting the carpark and i realised i was on the wrong side as a car was trying to turn in from the road. Absolute idiot. I didn't crash and no one was affected by it just the guy had to wait for me to correct my mistake.

Can i get in trouble for this? it wasn't on a main road, it was still in this carpark and there was no one else driving about in the car park.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Fra29
Hi i was following road markings out a car park that was a little confusing to navigate. and got confused as to what lane i was in as i was just coming out of a one way system to a double lane with road markings missing. i just studiedly assumed it was still the one way and i was exciting the carpark and i realised i was on the wrong side as a car was trying to turn in from the road. Absolute idiot. I didn't crash and no one was affected by it just the guy had to wait for me to correct my mistake.

Can i get in trouble for this? it wasn't on a main road, it was still in this carpark and there was no one else driving about in the car park.

no... you will not be in trouble at all. try and learn from this event.
Reply 2
In theory you could but if the police didn't stop you for a chat at the time, you are good.
Original post by Fra29

You should be fine if it's a private car park. It's hard for police to enforce any driving laws on private land.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending