Uncle shouting and swearing at me when driving

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I wasn’t even driving dangerously either, he was saying be careful, he panicking and everything. All I was doing is just doing the speed limit so when it was 30 or when it was 40 I did 40 and he was saying I’m driving like a boy racer. Thence told me to pull up, he started shouting at me shouting “you are not a ****ing boy racer you **** you need to slow the **** down” people we were looking into the car it was embarrassing a bit. I wasn’t doing anything, he was just overreacting so much and I think I was driving normal I think he’s just not patient.
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Tell him that you were not speeding and that he can take the bus if he doesn't like your driving.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ne en mia nomo)
Tell him that you were not speeding and that he can take the bus if he doesn't like your driving.
He was teaching me and I kept saying
Ne en mia nomo
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He was teaching me and I kept say
Ask him at what speed you're supposed to drive at in for example a 30 zone and tell him to look at the meter? Speed feels different when you're a passenger. How long has he been teaching you ? Maybe he just doesn't know how well you can drive.
Or you can just slow down a bit, since he's giving you a favour?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
He doesn't sound like a great teacher but it is often not appropriate to drive at the speed limit, even in good conditions. Part of learning to drive is about learning when you need to vary your speed to the situation - corners, parked cars etc - to below the legal limit and to learn to accelerate and decelerate smoothly without taking half your tyres off.
Anonymous #1
Ask him at what speed you're supposed to drive at in for example a 30 zone and tell him to look at the meter? Speed feels different when you're a passenger. How long has he been teaching you ? Maybe he just doesn't know how well you can drive.
Or you can just slow down a bit, since he's giving you a favour?
Yes and he’s been teaching me a few months. I’m not going to drive like a granny, it wasn’t even his car
Ne en mia nomo
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes and he’s been teaching me a few months. I’m not going to drive like a granny, it wasn’t even his car
It's the best to drive at the same speed as other drivers around you, the speed limit is a limit, not a target.
Anonymous #1
It's the best to drive at the same speed as other drivers around you, the speed limit is a limit, not a target.
The other drivers were doing the same thing if not faster ffs
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Compost)
He doesn't sound like a great teacher but it is often not appropriate to drive at the speed limit, even in good conditions. Part of learning to drive is about learning when you need to vary your speed to the situation - corners, parked cars etc - to below the legal limit and to learn to accelerate and decelerate smoothly without taking half your tyres off.
My driving instructor was saying I need to drive faster because in my lessons I once got overtaken by a women in a Nissan Qashqai that’s embarrassing
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Who cares who overtakes you if you are driving a an appropriate speed? Embarrassment shouldn't factor into how fast you are going.

Your uncle can either keep his cool whilst teaching or he can't. I'd stick with a proper instructor tbh.
Ne en mia nomo
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My driving instructor was saying I need to drive faster because in my lessons I once got overtaken by a women in a Nissan Qashqai that’s embarrassing
That's actually a very irresponsible and stupid attitude, it's not a race, people's safety is much more important and frankly, noone even notices if you've been overtaken by another car.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Embarrassing because it was a woman?
Or embarrassing because it was a Nissan Qashqai?

40 is the speed limit, not the target speed. If you are just learning it is perfectly normal to be going slower.
Callie57
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Personally if it was me I would tell him to get out my car,I can’t really control my temper and I would probably get mad at him for being in my car if he doesn’t like my driving unless i was actually driving really fast/speeding.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)

40 is the speed limit, not the target speed. If you are just learning it is perfectly normal to be going slower.
Both
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)

It was a little 1.2 Nissan Qashqai
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
It was a little 1.2 Nissan Qashqai
Not it wasn't.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
Not it wasn't.
Yes it was, it was a little 1.2 Qashqai dci I think
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Callie57)
Personally if it was me I would tell him to get out my car,I can’t really control my temper and I would probably get mad at him for being in my car if he doesn’t like my driving unless i was actually driving really fast/speeding.
It was a hire car
Ivartheboneless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
No need to shout like that at you, you are clearly not a boy racer. Someone is using you to make themselves feel good. Shouting is not teaching, unless he lost his cool for safety reasons then his behaviour would be excused. Otherwise knocking confidence is not teaching.
Last edited by Ivartheboneless; 11 months ago
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
Yes it was, it was a little 1.2 Qashqai dci I think
Don't lie, niece.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.09%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
21.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed