The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah
Reply 2
How have you found last the last two papers?
Reply 3
Original post by oppsplasher
yeah

Original post by dolphin03

Uh i think the multiple choice on paper 1 were okay, just some were worded hard & i def got atleast 4 wrong bc i lacked the knowledge. The calculations were fine but then with the 9marks + i started to struggle for time so missed out a 9 marker. then i did the Limited liability and stakeholder 25markwr which was hard and the corporate culture and innovation 25marker which was okay. worst bit was timing and thinkinfb of case studies for context. Paper 2 was okay, case study 1 def the worst - i hate arr so struggled w that and missed calculations relevant to the 16 marker and hate exchange rates and all of that. case study 2 was okay but i think i misinterpreted the last 16marker for taylorism - i wrote about how it benefits the business more than employees and made 1 point on autocratic leadership & taylorism and the other democratic leadership & maslows, just in time stuff was okay too. case study 3 was really rushed bc i was low on time, got venture capital wrong and spoke about venture capitalists, price elasticity i think i said how its inelastic bc of branding for 1 point then high income target market for another bc of lifestyle and all that. didn’t like the franchising one, compared it to external growth w mergers and takeover but forgot to include a theory like bartlett and goshal in my depends on point for eval

that was long, basically timings semi ****ed me over and the way the questions are worded makes it difficult to answer but the topics themselves are okay apart from they keep doing culture and its so annoying
Reply 6
Uh i think the multiple choice on paper 1 were okay, just some were worded hard & i def got atleast 4 wrong bc i lacked the knowledge. The calculations were fine but then with the 9marks + i started to struggle for time so missed out a 9 marker. then i did the Limited liability and stakeholder 25markwr which was hard and the corporate culture and innovation 25marker which was okay. worst bit was timing and thinkinfb of case studies for context. Paper 2 was okay, case study 1 def the worst - i hate arr so struggled w that and missed calculations relevant to the 16 marker and hate exchange rates and all of that. case study 2 was okay but i think i misinterpreted the last 16marker for taylorism - i wrote about how it benefits the business more than employees and made 1 point on autocratic leadership & taylorism and the other democratic leadership & maslows, just in time stuff was okay too. case study 3 was really rushed bc i was low on time, got venture capital wrong and spoke about venture capitalists, price elasticity i think i said how its inelastic bc of branding for 1 point then high income target market for another bc of lifestyle and all that. didn’t like the franchising one, compared it to external growth w mergers and takeover but forgot to include a theory like bartlett and goshal in my depends on point for eval

Yeah I agree with paper 1 I struggled with one of the 25 markers on HR/product life-cycle as well as some multiple choice. And paper 2 I didn't put a calculation in 16 marker either and I also spoke about venture capitalists for the 2 marker. Messed up the last 16 marker as said franchising was external when is actually organic :/. What grade/ uni you aiming for?? also what's your opinion on grade boundaries, u think they will be low for business?
Yeah I agree with paper 1 I struggled with one of the 25 markers on HR/product life-cycle as well as some multiple choice. And paper 2 I didn't put a calculation in 16 marker either and I also spoke about venture capitalists for the 2 marker. Messed up the last 16 marker as said franchising was external when is actually organic :/. What grade/ uni you aiming for?? also what's your opinion on grade boundaries, u think they will be low for business?

what did you compare the franchising one too? and preferably an A/ applying to Loughborough, Durham and York so far for either business management/business analytics & i don’t know, i think they might base it on 2019’s results as the sample size of people retaking is low, this is the first thing i’ve found to people who’ve taken it :// which is really annoying. i reckon fairly low though, if an A* is 2019 was something like 230/300 marks
Reply 8
Hey guys I’m doing it too! Time management is so difficult in these papers! Guys what were the 9 marker questions in paper 1? I can only remember the receivables/ payables one, the digital technology but I can’t remember the other one.
Reply 9
what did you compare the franchising one too? and preferably an A/ applying to Loughborough, Durham and York so far for either business management/business analytics & i don’t know, i think they might base it on 2019’s results as the sample size of people retaking is low, this is the first thing i’ve found to people who’ve taken it :// which is really annoying. i reckon fairly low though, if an A* is 2019 was something like 230/300 marks

I compared franchising to organic growth because I thought I could contrast external and organic but used two examples of organic so basically messed the whole thing up. I'm aiming for an A as well but my CAG was a C so literally just been cramming for the past 6 weeks, really hope boundaries are lowered as we r disadvantaged from missing the end of term before corona
I compared franchising to organic growth because I thought I could contrast external and organic but used two examples of organic so basically messed the whole thing up. I'm aiming for an A as well but my CAG was a C so literally just been cramming for the past 6 weeks, really hope boundaries are lowered as we r disadvantaged from missing the end of term before corona

i doubt you’ll be penalised massively for it because it wasn’t asking directly about organic growth so surely you’d still get credited for it, maybe just lose a couple marks bc of the mislabelling as long as u got the characteristics and stuff right. I rate if you’ve been cramming you’ll 100% have a chance to get the A but yeah that’s a gd point about the disadvantage, we barely did unit 10 in my school so they rly should factor tht + we’ve not been given tht long to revise also considering the fact we literally did nothing for months during march-aug
Original post by Gotthis
Hey guys I’m doing it too! Time management is so difficult in these papers! Guys what were the 9 marker questions in paper 1? I can only remember the receivables/ payables one, the digital technology but I can’t remember the other one.

labour diversity and profits i’m p sure
Reply 12
labour diversity and profits i’m p sure

Thank you, do you remember what the profit question was at all? And I really do hope we get lower grade boundaries because we were literally giving a month and a half to prepare again! Hopefully goes well for us all!
Original post by Gotthis
Thank you, do you remember what the profit question was at all? And I really do hope we get lower grade boundaries because we were literally giving a month and a half to prepare again! Hopefully goes well for us all!

it was on how labour diversity might increase a businesses profits i think - they were joined together in a question. Yeah same but who knows with aqa :// & hopefully!
Reply 14
Original post by Gotthis

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/548422 I have signed this petition, try and get people you know to sign as well?!
Reply 15
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/548422 I have signed this petition, try and get people you know to sign as well?!

Yes for sure just signed it!!
Reply 16
Good luck to you all for tomorrow!!
Reply 17
Original post by Gotthis
Good luck to you all for tomorrow!!

Thanks and you, hopefully won't run out of time lol I always do on this paper
i messed up really badly on the Paper 3 and missed out a full 16 marker...

def the worst paper done so far for me. the case study was shocking and i felt like it gave us absolutely nothing
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 19
i messed up really badly on the Paper 3 and missed out a full 16 marker...

def the worst paper done so far for me. the case study was shocking and i felt like it gave us absolutely nothing

That paper was so hard!!! I felt like the 12 markers were really difficult too! The case study lacked a lot. Timing was so hard I literally had to spread half an hour between 3 questions

Latest