The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde Vs Glasgow for biochemistry?

I'm stuck between the two- I've seen that Strathclyde is better for biological sciences but Glasgow is overall better? Is that true? Which one is easier to get into?
Original post by nunen001
I'm stuck between the two- I've seen that Strathclyde is better for biological sciences but Glasgow is overall better? Is that true? Which one is easier to get into?

Hi @nunen001 :colondollar: I can only comment from Strathclyde's perspective but happy to give any info you need that can help you make a decision!

As you may know, our Biological Sciences degree is extremely flexible. Regardless of what course you apply for- you get to study 4 core classes for two years (Pharmacology, Immunology, Biochemistry and Immunology). This gives you the opportunity to pick up lots of different knowledge and really solidify your learnings and understandings across a wide range of topics. At the end of your second year, you can choose which degree pathway you'd like to follow (e.g. if you want you could change from Biological Sciences to BSc Immunology, or BSc Pharmacology and Biochemistry). The flexibility involved is a massive pro!

As you've seen, we're currently 3rd in Scotland for Biological Sciences (Complete University Guide 2020) and our Pharmacy and Pharmacology department rank consistently well. Rankings aren't everything when it comes to picking your university though, so make sure you're doing your research and chatting to as many people as you can to get the info you need!

We're hosting our Open Days online on the 28th October and 14th November this year, please do come along and get to know us and the Science faculty better :biggrin:

Is there anything else I can give you a hand with?

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending