Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by vienna95)
    Far less gun crime? Have you seen the figures for London, compared to say, New York?

A national health service that like our education system is being left for dust by the standards of service in the US. As for Bush, I happen to believe he is a fine leader.
    Hmmm
    WEll the gun crime argument is fallacious at best. I remeber in a debate over gun control finding the statistics which showed gun crime per thousand throughout America and m,any other countries. I don't doubt that New yorks has dropped its number of gun crimes quite impressively, but the burgeoning prison population and the gun crime on whole in the US belies a different picture from the one you paint.
    And as for the health service, well thats you all over isn't it. F*ck anyone who has come upon poor times. Only strongest survive etc.
    Our health system is fantastic when you really stop to consider how little we spend on it. I mean look at the GDP stats. France has the best health service in the world but they pay through their noses for it. America has a fair health system if you can afford it, but medicare is absolutely bogsh1te and they know it. Worse is that as bad as it is, it is decaying rapidly. Spending far outmatches input. This for a health service which must provide for all the uninsured americans. Thats 1 in 6 by the way, near 50 million.

ReputationRep:
    Martin *******ing Luther King.
    Who the goverment wanted dead. Very fair country, if your white and have money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Who the goverment wanted dead. Very fair country, if your white an
    If you have an intelligent observation to make then please make it. Otherwise do shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    The US health service absolutely fcukin sucks Vienna. And their education stinks as well. As a user of both I should know.

I have a daughter at school in Florida.....(thick as ****)......but hardly surprizing since the class spends the first half of the school day with a flag up their collective ******* pledging allegience and the second half studying "history" (or rather one of only two historic topics studied in US schools (or so it seems to me) namely the Pilgrims or Martin *******ing Luther King.

Maybe your daughter just didn't have good genes. Does she swear a lot?

ReputationRep:
    If you have an intelligent observation to make then please make it. Otherwise do shut up.
    I was commenting on the corruptness of their goverment and their unfair system.

Isn't that relevant?

ReputationRep:
    Very fair country, if your white and have money
    Yeah poor Condoleeza Rice. And Colin Powell. And Barrack Obama. Not to mention all those poor meaningless Congressmen and women. To think where they might have got if they were white or in a fairer country that America.

ReputationRep:
    Women still earn less than men, some states don't have minimum wages and some states don't even check for mental health when selling people guns for ****sake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by padraic)
    Yeah poor Condoleeza Rice. And Colin Powell. And Barrack Obama. Not to mention all those poor meaningless Congressmen and women. To think where they might have got if they were white or in a fairer country that America.
    America, whereone is equal but no president who isnt white and male. No women, thats half the population, no blacks, no hispanics. The presidency is still very much dominated by those who have always held power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by padraic)
    Maybe your daughter just didn't have good genes. Does she swear a lot?
    do you think the american health and education system is better than?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever. But, as a brief aside, do you think that if someone has a degree they can be classed as an academic? Is that all it takes these days?

Getting back on topic, do you think that British politicians are more academic (have more degrees) than US politicians? That, I doubt.
    "whatever"? it was very the much the point. who would you class as academic then?

as for your question, its hardly on topic but thats not the issue. i have no data to say either way who has the most educated/academic politicians nor am i interested. perhaps someone else does

ReputationRep:
    Women still earn less than men
    a general trend the world over.

The US health service absolutely fcukin sucks Vienna. And their education stinks as well. As a user of both I should know.

I have a daughter at school in Florida.....(thick as ****)......but hardly surprizing since the class spends the first half of the school day with a flag up their collective ******* pledging allegience and the second half studying "history" (or rather one of only two historic topics studied in US schools (or so it seems to me) namely the Pilgrims or Martin *******ing Luther King.
    I've been *****in' about the school system for years. Any liberal democrat who *****es about the education system ought to take a good look at who's running the system. It's the godamned NEA and other liberal teachers unions, along with the ACLU and the secular PC crowd.

As for health care, what's your specific problem with it???
    The other day, while on this forum, some pinhead claimed that there were 40 million Americans without health care, of course, this is bullshlt, there may be 40 mil without health insurance, but there is nobody without health care.
    jeez!!

ReputationRep:
    Women still earn less than men, some states don't have minimum wages and some states don't even check for mental health when selling people guns for ****sake
    Women earn less than men in any country you'd care to mention with the possible exception of Cuba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    "whatever"? it was very the much the point. who would you class as academic then?

as for your question, its hardly on topic but thats not the issue. i have no data to say either way who has the most educated/academic politicians nor am i interested. perhaps someone else does
    I wouldn't class anyone with a solitary BSc/BA as an academic.

And it is on topic as I was originally replying to Dontrylinos who said "If you ask most people about George Bush the first thing that they'll say is that he's dumb, because in Britain we have a tradition of academic politicians.........."

(Original post by Douglas)
    I've been *****in' about the school system for years. Any liberal democrat who *****es about the education system ought to take a good look at who's running the system. It's the godamned NEA and other liberal teachers unions, along with the ACLU and the secular PC crowd.

As for health care, what's your specific problem with it???
    The other day, while on this forum, some pinhead claimed that there were 40 million Americans without health care, of course, this is bullshlt, there may be 40 mil without health insurance, but there is nobody without health care.
    jeez!!
    I'm not sure who the 'pinhead' was, but i'll point out that the 50odd million who do get free healthcare get bugger all. Your free healthcare isn't worth sh1t.
    And do you think with conservatives in charge your education system will suddenly be revamped?
    Education needs an input of cash, simple. The world has changed to make education more expensive, and funding hasnt changed to match it.
    thus your education system sucks ass

(Original post by foolfarian)
    I'm not sure who the 'pinhead' was, but i'll point out that the 50odd million who do get free healthcare get bugger all. Your free healthcare isn't worth sh1t.
    Wrong.........quite reading the Guardian.
    And do you think with conservatives in charge your education system will suddenly be revamped?
    Absolutely. Just take a look at our private and parochial schools. They're not run by the commies.
    Education needs an input of cash, simple. The world has changed to make education more expensive, and funding hasnt changed to match it.
    thus your education system sucks ass
    Oh, we've thrown billions into the school systems.....no results. Wanna know why?

ReputationRep:
    one reason is cause some of those bible bashing freaks you have over there still havent worked out what evolution is

Wrong.........quite reading the Guardian.

Absolutely. Just take a look at our private and parochial schools. They're not run by the commies.

Oh, we've thrown billions into the school systems.....no results. Wanna know why?

Guardian? Hell i get this from studying comparitive health systems. Plus I know a few american doctors who were none too complementary about medicare. Did i mention the reading up about health systems at all?
    Which part was 'wrong' by the by? Do correct me if you can. Unless its a 'its not that bad' etc. For christs sake even the 'dissidents' locked up in cuba get better health care than 50million yanks.

As for your graphs, it did make me chuckle. Education is becoming more expensive, what with the icnrease in number of subjects, increase in staff wages, increase in costs of equipment -increase in number of equipment needed, which more than accounts for the increased expenditure per pupil. I said as much myself, so you only went and proved my point.
    Even better, is the second graph, which illustrates beautifully an exponential growth curve - by the by your population is growing you know. And even better, note the increases in spending tailing off in recent years. Can't afford to increase education when you stop taxing the rich.
    And bless, the spending will probably decrease when the deficit gets so big as to overwhelm the economy.

ReputationRep:
    Douglas, you forgot the word insane- remember?

ReputationRep:
    Bush banning gay marriges.
    Gay marriages were already banned.
    Bush thinking he is Jesus
    Can you give me an example of anything Bush has ever said or done to support this statement.
    You've been watching too much of that US Media
    Obviously, you have never made it out of Europe, the US is a paradise compared to most of the world.
    Who the goverment wanted dead. Very fair country, if your white and have money
    That was 40 years ago, is this the best you could dig up?

Why do you care so much about the social/political dynamics of my country anyways?? You dont hear me complaing about your country, hmm I wonder what the real reason is?!

Any guesses....? :aetsch:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.