The Student Room Group

Dont have a sixth form

I recently came to the uk(delayed because of covid), im 16 and supposed to be taking A-levels, but because im late to the school year no college is accepting my applications. What will happen now? What should i do?
I don’t understand, surely u already applied to a college before u came here? It’s already too late to start in my opinion there would be lots of work to catch up on, u should just wait a year and resit it if this is a genuine post.
Hey, I'm in year 12, and in the first couple of weeks we had some extra students join, and some leave. It would be worth phoning up the sixth form that you want to go to and see if they have any spaces left. If not, you could try sixth form colleges/ colleges as they are bigger so usually have more free space. I would do it soon as the further into term you get, the harder it is to catch up, so the less willing to take new applicants! Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by Geraldthegoat
I don’t understand, surely u already applied to a college before u came here? It’s already too late to start in my opinion there would be lots of work to catch up on, u should just wait a year and resit it if this is a genuine post.

Well i didnt apply to colleges in uk before because we didnt know when we could come here and i thought i would continue my school this year, the move was kinda sudden(again because of covid), but i did start a-levels in another country this year so i think it would be easier to catch up, i guess i might have to wait a year if i cant get in a college tho i dont really want that, thx for the reply btw
Reply 4
Original post by acidrainz
Hey, I'm in year 12, and in the first couple of weeks we had some extra students join, and some leave. It would be worth phoning up the sixth form that you want to go to and see if they have any spaces left. If not, you could try sixth form colleges/ colleges as they are bigger so usually have more free space. I would do it soon as the further into term you get, the harder it is to catch up, so the less willing to take new applicants! Good luck.

thx for the suggestion, i have been trying to apply to some sixth forms and most are full, but i will continue trying and i hope i will find one that accepts me as soon as possible:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest