The Student Room Group

a level grade

Hello everyonei am at year 12 studying biology chemistry and mathsi have done end of topic test for chemistry and got grade E which is 45% also i have done my biology tests and got A but am really upset about the chemistry grade how will this affect me for the future?
Original post by Bayan19
Hello everyonei am at year 12 studying biology chemistry and mathsi have done end of topic test for chemistry and got grade E which is 45% also i have done my biology tests and got A but am really upset about the chemistry grade how will this affect me for the future?

Are you sure 45% is an E? Sounds more like a D.
I feel like at most all a topic test in year 12 can affect is your report card but if it's only the one then I doubt it'll even affect it that much. Don't stress over it too much unless you're consistently getting low grades with no improvement.
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
Are you sure 45% is an E? Sounds more like a D.

it is an E ,sir said 46% is a D
so i was 1% away from a D
Original post by Bayan19
it is an E ,sir said 46% is a D
so i was 1% away from a D

Oh, you were very close then!

It seems like this topic was something you struggled on. Did you revise a lot? What did you do to revise?
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n
Oh, you were very close then!

It seems like this topic was something you struggled on. Did you revise a lot? What did you do to revise?

yes i struggled on it so i tried exam questions and revised the contents however the mistake i made was watching videos for calculations like enthalpy change and combustions ones so i started getting them confused so am scared if we go on lockdown they calculate this grade
Original post by Bayan19
yes i struggled on it so i tried exam questions and revised the contents however the mistake i made was watching videos for calculations like enthalpy change and combustions ones so i started getting them confused so am scared if we go on lockdown they calculate this grade

Usually schools will look at your other tests as well not just one. However if you have done a major test e.g. a mock that will have normally have a higher weighting in the calculated grade. Also usually the school will predict you one grade higher than you actually got. So if we were to have another lockdown your most likely grade would be C or D.
Reply 7
You shouldn't worry at the moment, predicted grades are normally taken from your end of year 12 assessments. At the beginning of year 12, I was getting E/D in biology and chemistry and now my predicted grades are now A* Biology and A Chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest