boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it for money, or do you genuinely like helping people, or do your parents pressure you into it?

Just curious.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)
Is it for money, or do you genuinely like helping people, or do your parents pressure you into it?

Just curious.
The cynic in me sees this thread as a personal statement* / interview idea skimming gold mine.

*Bit late for 2021 entry... there's always next year!

Here's a generic answer: it's different for everyone (or at least it should be). Wanting to "save lives" or "help people" shouldn't be a reason and these will be shot down at interviews if asked.

Realistic answer: some people do medicine because they are "persuaded to" by parents, others do it because of perceived prestige and money. It goes without saying that these should not be said at interviews.

P.S. If you have a unique answer that you have written in your personal statement or something you are prepared to say at interviews I wouldn't post it here in public in case you are identified; and there is also the potential of plagarism too.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I decided to study medicine because I thought treating sickness would be cool and it is.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)

Just curious.
I will not become a doctor, but I think that the most of medicine students who will have a wrong imagination about this profession.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads